Chapter 45

Settling into the hotel 'room' which ended up being a suite that Daniello somehow upgraded for me on my behalf, I sigh wondering how he did it as I take out the papers Eugene had Ah Buo draw up for me on the orphanages Logans is operating his child trafficking menu through.

With my feet kicked up on the coffee table in front of the wide three-seater couch, my heart aches slightly at the long list on the paper before me. Deciding to finish all of this in two weeks so that I can move on to Italy, I take note of the major ones that need to be taken down as soon as possible.

For example, Sister Alberta's Home for Orphaned Children.

The old orphanage that sent me to live in a foster home from where I proceeded to be blindfolded, drugged and put in a van that took me to the airport and later on in the cargo hold of a plane to Taiwan where I was bought by a Japanese man who trained me to be who I am today.

Yeah, good memories.

Flicking on the television to fill the gaping silence in the suite, my head snaps up immediately from my list when a press conference held by Heaven and Holts Enterprise Inc. comes on and Alexander is on the podium.

"Mr Holt, is it true that your engagement has been called off? If so, who called it off?" One lady in pink shouts over the other reporters shooting questions to the emotionless-looking Alexander.

"What was your to-be bride's name? It was never released though there were pictures of her!" Another shouts frantically.

"Was it because of Lillian Lane's child who you have full custody over?" Someone else screams, the question making me stand up from my seat in anger.

Fucking vultures.

When I think my anger is about to boil over, Alexander speaks into the microphone, "Our engagement was never called off. We will still be marrying in three months. Her name is Janette Summers, she is the main editor of Bloomsburg Publishing. To make it clear, she loves my son more than his birth mother ever did. That is all the questions I will answer for today."

An uproar follows his words as he steps off of the stage to take what looks to be a crying Danny from Mr Ford, sitting down on the edge of the couch in shock. I watch silently as Alexander coos something into Danny's ear but whatever he says makes my baby cry even more.

"Oh, Danny..."I whisper into the air just before the screen changes to show something about the stock markets.

Hey, I think you're forgetting that he just told the press your name and occupation, my inner incubus huffs, placing her hand on her hip. Aren't we supposed to lay low?

Logans already knows my changed name, it makes no difference, I respond to her, picking up the remote to change the channel. Alexander's words will just rile Logans up since he did just reveal that we are still marrying in three months. It shows that whatever he did in Taiwan hasn't affected Alexander's affection for me.

But Danny? My subconscious asks me tentatively, peeking her head out from behind my inner incubus. Logans is already heading for Danny.

Why do you think I got in touch with the syndicates, I sigh exasperatedly shaking my head disappointedly. Were you even listening to our conversation in the car just now?

Alright...alright, but I can't help but feel Eugene was right, My inner incubus sighs, crossing her arms. We need to call Alexander and explain everything. Now, listen here, he just announced publicly that he still wants to marry you despite seeing you kill. He's waiting for you to explain it and it's the least we can do for him.