Chapter 4

Niall and I hung around my house most of the day. We joked around like we usually do. I'm glad that he's here. He's defiantly distracting me from over thinking. He's been around me so much that he knows exactly how to do that. I'm glad he does. I know I would just be sitting here thinking about it if it wasn't for him. Niall mumbled, "I think I'm going to go home and change. Do you want to go out and eat before we go?"

"Yeah, that's fine."

He smiled, "I'll see you later."

He hugged me before he left. I'm happy we're going out tonight. I know it's going to help keep my mind off of things. I shouldn't even be thinking about it this much. I know it probably means absolutely nothing. Well I know it means nothing. I sighed, walking upstairs to my room. I walked into my bathroom, taking a quick shower. I wrapped a towel around myself before I blow dried my hair. When I finished that I curled it then did my make up. I didn't bother putting very much on before I walked into my closet. I grabbed some white skinny jeans with a cute shirt. I changed into that before slipping on a pair of heels. Getting ready hasn't givin me anytime to think about Mr. Tomlinson which is good. I don't need to be thinking about it. I slid my phone into my pocket and walked back downstairs. I heard something's moving around and I didn't see anything in the living room. I noticed that my mom was in the kitchen. I walked in there, joining her. She smiled, "Are you going out tonight?"

I nodded, "Yeah. I'm going out with Niall."

She gave me kind of a weird look, "Okay."

I groaned, "Niall and I aren't dating."

I know that's what she's thinking. I wish she would understand we're not dating. I'll never think of him anything more than just being friends. He's been like my brother for years now. We've basically grown up together.

She smiled a little, "I know but it just seems like it sometimes."

I understand that Niall and I spend a lot of time together but that doesn't mean anything. He's just my best friend. I don't get why people always think that we're more than that. It would be more obvious if we were dating which we're not. We would probably be touching each other all the time. "I know but I like someone else. He's just my best friend."

"I know. So, I'm guessing you're going to be out late tonight since you're dressed like that."

"More than likely."

I'm happy my mom doesn't get mad when she knows I'm going out to a party. I know a normally parents get mad about that kind of thing but she never has. I guess that's a good thing. I'm not going to do anything stupid. She would rather know where I'm going rather than sneaking out. I mumbled, "I'll see you later."

She smiled, "I'll see you tomorrow."

I walked out of the kitchen when I felt my phone start vibrating in my pocket. I'm know that it's Niall saying that he's here. I don't really have to check my phone when I know he's here. When it vibrates I already know it's him at this point. I walked out of my house and out to his car. He smiled when I got in, "Where do you want to go eat before we go to the party?"

"Umm, we can go to the Mexican restaurant that we both like."

He chuckled, "I hoped you would say that. I wanted to go there."

I smiled and turned on the radio as he pulled out of my drive way. He started singing along to the songs like he normally did. He is a great distraction at times. I can't just keep thinking about Mr. Tomlinson's question. I never thought it would bother me this much. It shouldn't bother me this much. I know I should just follow Niall's advice and ask him about it on Monday. I never knew one question could bother me so much. It didn't take long till we got to the Mexican restaurant, Niall parked his car before we both walked in. We sat down at a booth and he sat across from me like he usually does. We both ordered our food when he asked, "Are you still thinking about what you were thinking about yesterday?"

I nodded, "Yeah. It's still bothering me."

"Well stop thinking about it. It's probably nothing or he thinks what pretty much every other guy thinks about you."

What is he talking about right now? What do other guys think about me? I've never heard him bring up anything like this before. I thought he would have. I looked at him confused, "What do you mean what pretty much every other guy thinks?"

He sighed, "Never mind. I should have never brought it up."

He should tell me. He can't just bring it up then not tell me. He always tells me everything. It will drive me crazy if he doesn't tell me anymore of what he's talking about. "Niall, please tell me."

He looked like he was debating on telling me or not. I know he's going to. He groaned, "I shouldn't be telling you about this."

"Niall, just tell me already before I ask Zayn what you're talking about."

I know he's going to tell me. I also know if he doesn't tell me I can ask Zayn about it. Zayn is usually pretty honestly about everything. I know that he's Niall's other best friend except Niall doesn't want to party with him pretty much every night. He sighed, "Allison, I wish you knew what most guys thought about you. Actually it includes people you're close to. They think you're beautiful and wish that you were with them. I wouldn't doubt it if Mr. Tomlinson thought that too. I mean he's almost as young as us. I'm sure he thinks like the rest of us."

I'm actually surprised by this. I didn't expect him to say this to me. I wonder what he means about people I'm close to. I don't even know what to say to him right now. He asked, "Are you surprised by this?"

I nodded as I started messing with my fingers. I'm not even sure if there's anything to say about this. If there is I don't want to do this now. He sighed, "Do you still even want to go to the party tonight?"

"I'm not sure anymore."

Honestly I don't really want to go now. I didn't really want to go to begin with.I was just going to distract myself.  I kind of just want to go home now. What he just told me gives me more to think about. He mumbled, "I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to."

I nodded as I stayed quiet. I'm not even sure what to think right now. I kind of just want to go home. I don't really want to see anyone right now either. I feel bad because that also includes Niall. He usually helps with everything else but he gave me more to think about now and I was already thinking about some other things. I know if I would go to the party I would be too distracted to have a good time. I don't want to ruin everyone's time. Soon our food came and we both ate in silence. I just didn't want to say anything and I'm sure Niall is scared to say anything else. I have a feeling he doesn't want to give me more to think about.

When we finished eating he paid the bill even though I wanted to pay part of it. He just wouldn't let me. He usually doesn't. We walked out to his car when he asked, "Do you just want me to take you home?"

I nodded as he sighed, pulling out of the parking lot. I noticed that it was already dark outside. I honestly don't even know if my parents will be home. I doubt that they will be. They usually stay out on the weekends. We both stayed quiet all the way to my house. It's not very far but  I don't really want to say anything so I'm glad that he wasn't saying anything either. When he pulled into my driveway I started to get out of his car when he stopped me, "Allison, I'm sorry I told you like that. I don't want you to be upset. I should have told you when I started hearing those things."

I looked at him, "I know. I'm just sort of confused and shocked right now."

He nodded, "I'll talk to you tomorrow."

I didn't lie to him. I am shocked. I didn't know anyone even thought that about me. I'm confused because I don't even know what to think. I kind of want to know who all thinks that about me. I know I'll eventually find out. Even if I have to ask Zayn about it. He's honestly about everything. I'm sure Niall will tell me though. He usually gives in.