Chapter 3

The mission was a simple one. Go in, exchange the wanted item for the vibranium weapon and get out. After that I would leave and book the fastest flight to one of the countries bordering Wakanda and make my way there by foot to avoid anyone tracking me.

Ross and I are sitting in the car, this was a low-key mission, we didn't take any backup. This would either go in two directions, really well or disastrous. The car ride was filled with silence, there was nothing to say. I feel that Ross knew something was wrong. Nothing is more suspicious then silence

"Kiana," his voice startles me as I jump back into reality.

I let a small hmm in response, my body still basking in the comfortable silence.

"I know you are leaving," my body immediately goes into alert.

"You are my best friend, I've known you for years. You would be an idiot to think that I wouldn't notice."

My eyes are still locked onto his while his are locked on the streets, never wavering.

"I just want to tell you that I was an honor to work with you, and I want you to know that I will still hold the title of your best friend even after you are gone. You know my number, you know that I will still look after you even when you are gone."

He finishes, looking at me in the eyes.

For the first time in my life, I felt like I was going to miss someone.

I stretched out my hand over the seat grabbing his tightly, my hand slightly sweaty. My face breaking out of the stoic expression I usually hold.

The rest of the ride is filled with silence as we continue our way.

—_—_—_—_—_—_—

My feet hit the ground as I step out of the car. Fixing my ear piece, I just put in. Immediately all attention is on me. My steps don't falter as my arm loops around Everett's. We make our way towards the fish market which was doubling up as an underground black-market.

Without as much as a word from the old lady managing the stand we were let in. The security standing in the front let us go in without checking for weapons of any sort after they eyed me down. I quickly sent them a wink and a kiss, quickly turning around so Ross doesn't catch me.

"Split up and conquer, you will know when they are here," I nod my head at Ross, he lets go of my arm and heads towards the roulette table.

My feet start walking as I head towards the bar.

"What would you like miss," the bartender asks as he helps another customer, his eyes trained on me.

"I would like a martini with gin of course. Stirred for 10 seconds while glancing at an unopened bottle of vermouth," I spoke acting like everyone else here.

He didn't even seem surprised that I ordered that.

I continue to glance around, acting as if I belong in a setting like this.

"Here you go," the bartender says as he slides the drink towards me. "Just call me up if you need anything else doll."

I take a sip of the drink, it was good.

"Don't worry, I won't be needed your assistance any longer. But thanks."

I turn around, my back leaning on the bar.

I turn my eyes towards where Ross was standing and I see him looking up in panic. I follow his line of sight and I curse internally.

Why is he here?