Chapter 4

I turn my eyes towards where Ross was standing and I see him looking up in panic. I follow his line of sight and I curse internally.

Why is he here?

Every single time, I am trying to run away from my past and he keeps on popping up everywhere.

T'Challa stood there in all his glory, his eyes trained on me as he whispered something to the ladies next to him. They started to walk away as T'Challa made his way down the stairs with one of the girls on his arm.

I stare at him straight in the eyes. Our eyes never leaving each other as he heads down.

The girl detaches himself from his arm and heads towards the bar where I am.

"So, you are Kiana?" the girl asks with slight venom in her voice.

I look at her surprised.

"And you are Nakia," I state out. "T'Challa talked about you a lot, his lover back home," I smirk out.

Her glare intensifies. "You were only keeping his bed warm while I was gone, don't act high and mighty with me."

I look at her, with respect. T'Challa would only talk about her when we were together for a short period of time. It is one of the main reasons why I had to break it off with him.

"He is all yours Nakia, what we had is long gone. In fact, I am happy that he has someone like you." Her face changes, it looks softer. I can tell that she is not mad anymore. "In fact, the main reason why we split was that he talked about you too much." I laugh out.

She looks at me with understanding and regret.

"I am sorry for treating you like this, I have not seen him since his father passed," I winced at this, "and I guess I really miss him. Please forgive me."

I laugh at her, "Let us start over, I am Kiana."

I bring my hand out, she grasps it.

"Nice to meet you, I am Nakia."

I turn around to grab my drink that was just filled with ice cubes, I bring one into my mouth and crack it.

Nakia orders herself a drink as we watch the entrance of the club.

Nakia starts talking to herself and what I realize is probably a small microphone connected to T'Challa and the other girl.

My attention goes back to the door as I hear loud laughter and footsteps entering.

I curse in my head as I see the familiar face of Klaw enter the picture. The bastard actually showed up, and he brought friends.

"Stand down," I hear someone yell from my right.

Oh crap.

After that everyone's goes crazy. People are running around and screaming in terror.

"Ross!" I yell trying to find him in the chaos.

The sound of gunfire fills the air once again.

I notice that a gun is pointed at me, "OH shoo—."

My sentence is cut off as someone knocking into me pushing me down.

I open my eyes and I am met with the deep pools of black eyes filled with so many emotions, pain, sorrow, and most predominant— regret.

"Hello 'Iana," he breathes out, his breath hitting my face, teasing me. "I remember being in the position." he teases out with a small smile on his face.

My face brightens up a little, flashbacks of the times we spent together.

I push him off of me and grab his hand as he hoists me up before we drop down into a crouching position. Ross is huddled next to us, I launch myself into his open arms.

"Thank the gods that you are ok," I blurt out in a hurry as I check him for any injuries, my hands only stopping when I don't find any.

"BLACK PANTHER, " we hear Klaw scream out, "COME OUT HEAR OR I WILL BLOW THIS PLACE TO THE GROUND." He laughs hysterically.

T'Challa touches his chest and his suit materializes over his body. He turns his head towards me, and for a second I am captivated yet again under his strong gaze.

Then the real action begins as he launches himself at Klaw.

Behind the cover of the overturned table I bring out my gun and I start to shoot out at his goons.

One of Klaw's blasts made by his hand is redirected towards my direction and I have to roll away from the table as it explodes behind me.

Some of the shrapnel digging itself into my back.

I grunt out in pain.

I spin around and I am met with the grinning face of Klaw.

"Lovely seeing you here, sugar," he speaks out, "too bad it's not for long."

I see his robotic arm swinging at my head and I can't move fast enough and I can hear it connect with my head before I feel it.

I crumble down onto the floor and the last thing I see and hear before my world goes dark is dollar bills flying in the air and someone yelling "I made it rain!"

#

Hey guys sorry for the long wait for the update. I got AP tests that I am studying for and it is taking up most of my free time. I will try and update this story more often. I was also thinking about adding T' Challa in the love triangle relationship thingy, what do you guys think? If not then I can do some scenes with T'Challa and I am planning on doing something with M' Baku.

Thanks for all the love