Chapter 1

*The rest of this story hasn't been edited yet. Thanks for reading*

The melodious call of the birds propelled him forward, feet aching he pushed through the sharp brushes the siren song in his heart filled him with so much strength he snapped the branches as he brushed pass.

The song drew him like a magnet while the others struggled to match his pace.

"Keane!" Sierra called out from behind. Her short legs long since exhausted by the climb up the hill. "Keane please wait up"

"I can't! I'll lose the song"

David looked back at his younger sister and stopped to pick her up. Dirt smudged her cheeks and she huffed like a chimney trying to catch her breath.

"Go on with him, Raine" he said to the girl that stopped when he did and hoisted Sierra on his back, holding on to the tired bundle. "We will be close behind"

Raine looked back at him and the others, satisfied they were in alright and kept pushing through the trees that pushed back.

A few times she almost lost sight of Keane as the trees grew thicker but his scent hung in the air and she . Looking up at the moon and stars she guessed they were about a hundred acres deep.

A lone wolf howled and Sierra shivered, tightening her arms around David's neck. "Easy Sierra" he said patting her hand and turned to glance at the last member of their party.

His eyes glowed as he searched their rear for danger, cocking an ear to listen to the earth Nick nodded back at him.

"All clear" he said telepathically and they hurried to catch up with the rest of the gang.

***

(sneaks away)