Chapter 5

He woke in a dark room. The only light he could see was the moonbeams streaming in from a tiny window.

"I'm sorry for the terrible accommodation" a menacing voice said and Keane looked up searching for the source. Drawing on his gift he tried to illuminate but all he could get was a weak glow.

The voice scoffed and continued, "Ah, where was I?"

"Accommodation?"

"Yes!" It snapped it's fingers, "the horrific circumstances has forced me to imprison you in this dark lonely place in the middle of nowhere"

"Circumstance?" Keane asked slowly climbing to his feet once again silently attempting to use his gift.

"Yes, you must be feeling weak by now like there's a hand clasped tight around your throat" As the mysterious voice said this Keane dropped to his feet, both his hands around his throat gasping for air.

The voice grew stronger till he looked right into the demon's red eyes. "David!" He gasped choking on the name.

"Wrong" he grinned flashing sharp ivory fangs, each a foot long and scary. "Guess again"

The hand released him and panting he wrapped his arms around his neck trying to soothe the hurt skin.

He wanted to yell in frustration. Why couldn't he do anything to save himself?! He felt as weak as a new born rat. Trying to speak but it felt like all the air had been squeezed out of him. His voice.

Red eyes swirling the demon looked on in pleasure and finally, Keane knew fear. He knew David had a darkness inside him but he'd hoped the good would win.

He covered his face as he cried, choking on the sound of the sobs his mouth couldn't make.

Sierra, Raine and the others were probably dead.

"No they are not" his captor said. Wiping his nose, Keane looked up at the creature wearing his friend's skin.

"They aren't but they will soon be"