Chapter 6

The wind rushed through her raspberry blonde curls and she'd felt an invinsible, enormous surge of power from the flash-travel or maybe it'd come from the High Priest.

"Hurry" he said Immediately they appeared in the Sun Temple's courtyard. "There's no time to lose!" He threw open the double doors and they followed after the tall man.

Past silent statues of winged horses, demons and priests fighting, they followed him into the depths of the temple restricted to worshipers.

"Where is this place?" Sierra asked, her quiet voice echoing along the long torch lit corridor and up to the wooden rafter.

"It is a gateway" He answered stopping before a round portal. "So secret it has no name and the best way to help your friend"

"That shit looks spooky" Raine said taking a step back, "I'm not going in there"

"You don't need to actually but she does" he said pointing at Sierra with the flute and Raine drew her to her side looking at him suspiciously.

Living without the adults had taught them that they could depend on each other and not all adults were trust worthy.

For the first time ever Sierra threw off her hand and stepped forward. "If you need me I'm ready"

"What are you doing?" Raine asked as Sierra evaded her grip.

"Keane and David are in trouble! We need to stop thinking of ourselves and try to help them. I understand if you don't want to but I need to...they are like family...they are family"

The brillance of Sierra's eyes calmed Raine down, because of her small stature it was easy to forget that the younger girl was even more powerful than she was.

"Okay, Go but I'll be here and if you're not out in an hour I'm coming in"

"Pheew" The Priest chuckled, "That was intense. I've never seen a succubus lose her temper"

"If we don't get my friends to safety, Sir you will see much more of it"

Amused by her threat he smiled gesturing at the shimmering silver doorway, "Then we should speed things up. After you madame"

Dren materialized at the entrance of the portal after they walked through it but Raine wasn't spooked, she'd smelt her long before she decided to appear.

Turning around with a huff, she couldn't wait for Sierra to come back out. Damn temples always made her skin crawl.