chapter 15 - growing up

I wasn't allowed to tell Evan what he was! I was okay with him not being able to change, but seriously? I can't tell him! It's like THE biggest secret ever, and I tell him everything. You know how hard it is to sit with him hearing this little voice that keeps saying 'follow' and not tell him? It's very, very hard!

He knows something is wrong with me but he won't ask me what it is. I'm sadly glad for that. Usually telling someone, like him, makes me feel better. I know that I can't tell him, so I'm not going to get better.

I couldn't even get my mind off it with training because Emerald said that she had 'better stuff to do' this weekend. Plus I'm supposed to stay with Evan all weekend and I’m not allowed to leave my house. She told me that the triplets wouldn't approach me with him around me but she doesn't want to take any chances. The worst part it is that we don't have school on Monday, so it's an extra long weekend. I never thought I would want to go to school so badly just to get out of my house. Unfortunately that hope to get out of my house was crushed, by Emerald of course.

"What do you mean I can't go to school this week?!" I screamed at Emerald in my living room. Yup that's right; she just popped up in my living room and told me to stay home all week.

"I'll stay home with you all week!" Evan spoke from behind me.

I turned around; he was sitting on the couch with a huge grin on his face.

"No," I pointed my finger at him, he frowned. "Because, I'm going to school!"

I turned back to Emerald who was giving me a nasty glare.

'Let's get things straight. You. Are. Not. Going. To. School.'

"Give me one good reason why?" I stood directly in front of her face and narrowed my eyes.

'Because this is the week that your little 'Puff' grows up!' She narrowed her eyes, 'and if you know what's good for you, you and your little boy toy will get out of this town so Amethyst's followers don't try to kill Puff.'

"I thought you said they wouldn't come anywhere near me with him around!" I screamed and pointed towards Evan. “And why would they kill Puff?”

‘Puff is very venerable at this stage; it’s the only time when he can be killed easily.’

"Whoa what’s so special about me?" Evan held up his hands in surrender.

"Why can't I tell him? Huh? Amethyst's followers know who they are!" I yelled and sat down beside Evan. "That gives him the right to know." I crossed my arms.

She thought for a moment, ’you actually do have a point there.'

I smirked. Who's the smart one now? Ha!

"So? Is anyone going to tell me? Or are we just going to stand here?" Evan looked back and forth between both of us.

"You're her follower!" I yelled.

'Oh you little...' She started to walk towards me.

"What the hell is a follower?" Evan looked confused at me.

We both snapped our heads in his direction.

'Don't you dare tell him?'

"He has a right to know!" I yelled.

'Fine, but not here!' She rolled her eyes.

I smiled at Evan as a bright light, that I was almost used to, engulfed us both.

We ended up on top of a green hill. The world bellow us was a full green forest. There was me, Evan, Emerald... and two other guys....

"Who are they?" I raised an eye brow at Emerald.