Chapter 1-Awakening

M/N's POV:

I felt my body slowly come back to me. Was I awake? It was still dark so I couldn't tell, I wanted to open my eyes but I couldn't. Curse you sleep... I though to myself. Straining, instead I used my ears to hear what was around me and I could just about hear a litre voice in the background. It was talking, to someone or something but the language wasn't of a dragons, no it was something else...

Twitching my ears slightly, I huffed and noticed the voice had stopped. My scales tensed, I felt something poke and prod at me from behind, if I was awake to my full senses I probably wouldn't feel a thing, but because I was only half awake, my body was sensitive and I felt everything around me, just not see.

Suddenly, there was a gasp and small footsteps of something running away was heard, echoing through the underground chambers. Soon enough, everything was back to as it should be, silent.

Travellers POV:

"Yes, yes I saw it! No I am not crazy, I'm telling you there was some kind of giant lizard living in there!" I screamed at the men before me, stupid old military police, I'm not crazy! I was a couple miles off from the cave I was exploring, the cave containing that giant lizard thing. It was sleeping so I wasn't harmed but still, this thing is dangerous! That long black tail it had could've cut me in half!

Sighing, I left off only to see a Survey Core member petting his horse. An idea struck me and I quickly ran up to them and grabbed their arm, shocking them so they pulled back, staring at me wide eyed before going back to their normal state. I huffed for a while before looking back up at them, desperation clear in my voice.

"Help, you've got to believe me! There's something giant living in a cave east from here, please help..." I begged, the man simply raised an eyebrow before turning to face me fully.
"What are you talking about? Explain this to me,"

Timeskip:

The Survey Core cadet knocked on the door to commander Erwin's office a serious look plastered onto his face. Sure the details about this 'giant lizard' may not be all that believable but the travellers facial expression told him otherwise.

After being allowed in and explaining this new discovery, the superiors found it hard to believe as expected but agreed to check out the cave anyway.

When they got there, the three of them, Levi, Hange, and traveller, minus Erwin and the cadet because they needed to look after HQ, one by one stepped down into the cave filled with treasure, mounds and mounds of treasure which surprised the superiors greatly. The traveller however, merely shook in fear as they neared the beasts sleeping place whilst the corporal only kept a straight face and Hange, an exited one.

But to the travellers shock, the beasts sleeping place was left empty, only a mound of gold to be seen.

"W-what, but it was here, I swear I saw it! It was just here!" Cried out the traveller, clutching his head in shock. Hange's face fell and Levi just huffed in annoyance. He turned to leave with the mad scientist trailing behind but was stopped by a loud grunt, too loud to be from the traveller. The three stilled and turned their heads to the side, staring into nothingness until a large, purple eye opened and blinked at them. It was about the size of all three of them and had a scary but mysterious air to it. At that moment it felt as if time stopped and levi's emotionless facade broke, his face twisted up into one of pure shock, a face which would frighten the cadets more than titans breaking into the walls.

A gruff sound escaped from the creatures nostrils, a few feet away from its eyes.

Hange was first to snap out of the trance and she grabbed her comrades hand and hoisted him up, fully taking him out of his daze as she called for the traveller but it was no use, he just stood there frozen like a statue. Having no other choice, she half dragged Levi by this arm towards the exit, once reaching it she panted for a minute before calling for the traveller again but there was no reply.

Suddenly, the ceiling of the cave cracked and burst into little chunks of debris a massive black and purple dragon shooting out into the sky, its long wings casting a shadow over them as the small silhouette of the traveller was crushed under a heap of rocks, instantly dying.

The terrifying creature landed on all fours, staring down at the two huddled up figures, but made no move to harm them. Instead it walked over them. Directly over them. And carried on walking away like nothing ever happened, the two Survey core members still holding tightly onto each other, finally let go and stared at the ground for a minute before choosing to speak up.

"Were gonna have to fight this thing aren't we?"

"Yep,"

Authors note:

M/N- (male name)

https://weneedfun.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Black-Dragon-7.jpg -what you look like.