chapter 3: Dragons & Expeditions

Third Persons POV:

It had been a while since the encounter with the giant lizard, two days to be exact, and the two superiors were still under shock about it. Erwin, the commander of the Survey corps, decided to set up an expedition outside the walls to see if the creature got out there and was still alive, roaming freely. He worried that the being got killed but now highly doubted that from what Levi and Hange told him.

Sighing, the commander stated down at the sketch of the creature he requested to be drawn. Black with purple features, it certainly didn't look very friendly and to add on the fact that this creature was half the size of the colossal titan didn't make things much better. Its scales looked as tough as steel or whatever material strongest in the world, and its claws and teeth looked rather frightening.

"Not pleasant, not pleasant one bit..." He scowled at the thought of loosing more of his men but was interrupted from his chain of thoughts when a knock sounded from his door. "State your name and business,"

"A-Armin Arlert sir, you requested to see me?" The boy standing behind his door stuttered and shook nervously. "Come in," came the reply as the small blonde walked in timidly.

"Right then cadet Arlert, I would like you to try and tell me if you know of this creature," the tall blonde said, handing the boy the peice if paper with the creatures drawing on it. The boy looked startled for a second when seeing the sheet, then stuttered out nervously, "this is a dragon sir, a mythical beast which is often described in fairytales and children's books. Its supposed to breath fire and play a role as a bad character," the blonde explained, still staring intently at the picture, "if you don't mind me asking sir, why are you asking about this?"

The commanders face set into a grim expression at the description of the creature. "Cadet Arlert, if these 'dragons' were to be real, what would happen to humanity?" He asked seriously, his eyebrows furrowed.

Armin gulped and looked up, handing the sheet of paper back to the commander, "t-then i guess humanity would fall in a day or so...these creatures are nicknamed the 'gods of destrtuction' after all,"

The commander inhaled deeply before sighing, turning to look up at the blonde haired boy, "cadet, you are the only one who will know about this apart from the rest of the Survey core superiors.....do not, and I mean NOT tell anyone about the matter I will discuss with you now, understood,"

The cadet quickly nodded, frightened by the sudden seriousness within the commanders tone. The tall male sighed once more before opening his mouth to discuss the serious and highly confidential matter at hand.

Timeskip:

Armin closed the door with shocked, wide eyes. His breathing heavy and erratic for what he just heard was hard to comprehend now that he thought about it. He was about to run off and tell his friends but decided against it when remembering the commanders strict demand before he left his office...

Small Flashback:

"Do not tell anyone about this, this matter stays only between you and me,"

Flashback end:

Armin gulped, remembering the mans words before running off hurriedly to where he guessed his friends were. Depressing thoughts invaded his mind and tried to ignore them but they just kept coming back and haunting him.
We're all going to die.....humanity is over.....