What's happening?

In the morning, I awoke to the mushrooms stampeding up the stairs. I took a glance at the clock. "4:00am"

It was still dark out.. why would they come in this early..?

Maybe the clock was just broken. I got up and moved the curtains to see out the window. It was still dark, so the clock was right.

I had a mini panic attack and that woke Pea shooter up. "What are you freaking out about?" She asked.

"The mushrooms came inside a few minutes ago.. it's way early for them and I'm concerned!" Pea shooter sat there and then eventually said, "They probably came in early to party in Fume-shroom's room again like last week. You were asleep but I was up. Don't worry about it." And then she fell back asleep.

I was still worried though. I heard Sunshroom scream in fear. She's 13 like us. I know she's a scardey cat, but that scream was different.

At this point, I was shaking with fear. I left our room and walked up the stairs, but the old wood kept creaking. They didn't notice me though.

I got to their floor and stayed silent so I could eavesdrop. Amongst a conversation, all I heard was Sunshroom saying, "but I don't wanna get eaten by a zombie.."

I ran back to my room and hid under the covers. I ended up falling back asleep.

I woke up to the sun shining brightly through the curtains. I went out in the hallway to the bathroom and took a quick shower. I came back to the room to see Pea shooter sitting on the bed reading a book.

"Wanna go for a swim? Even though it's only 8 in the morning?" I asked her. "Sure!"

We went outside and jumped into the water. Walnut was chilling on the lawn sucking on a popsicle. Pea shooter and I were swimming around happily, but then Walnut let out a scream.

"What's wrong?" I asked as we got out of the pool. "Look..!!" He said shaking as he pointed into the distance.

Pea shooter and I stared into that direction for a while. Then we spotted the shadowy figure he saw. "What about it..?" I asked quietly, but then I immediately knew, and so did Pea shooter. We screamed at the top of our lungs and ran inside with Walnut behind us.