Chapter 7- Realizations

James's POV
Sweat was dripping off my forehead as I was gently shook awake.
"James, wake up!". "Wh- What's going on?" I managed to get out of my mouth, groggily. "You were having some kind of nightmare" Aleks said. All of a sudden, I remembered the dream and blushed. How could I be so angry at the thought of anyone being with Aleks? How could I be so jealous? And why Seamus, of all people?
As I battled with my thoughts, internally, Aleks had noticed the prominent blush on my cheeks. "Oh." He muttered, "It was that kind of dream". "What?" I responded. As I realized what he had said, I though to myself, Get your head out of the gutter, Aleks!
"Well, if you're okay, I'll just head up to my room now..." Aleks trailed off, awkwardly. "Um, yeah sure, I'm fine now." I said with a cough.
As soon as Aleks left the room, I went downstairs to the kitchen and picked up a plastic cup. I filled up some water and took a huge gulp of it. I walked back to my room and glanced at my bed. Let's hope I don't have any more bad dreams. I thought.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I yawned, I realized it was morning time again. Great. Another day at the office, another day of hiding and pretending. I got out of bed and walked downstairs. There was a note at the kitchen table. It said:
James,
I had to finish up some recordings and I didn't want to disturb you, so I went to the office early. Hope you don't mind.
- Aleks
I had a smile on my face. It was sweet that he was concerned about me. I shook my head. Snap out of it, James! You don't use the word sweet.
But it was obvious. I couldn't hide it from myself anymore. I liked Aleks.
Out of all people, it just had to be him. The person that I lived with. It just wasn't bad enough that I worked with him everyday. But, I definitely had to apologize to him, and start acting like normal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Sorry for the long waiting time for this update. I've just been really busy lately. Anyways, I'm actually going vacation from July 7th to the 22nd. I will have internet access though, so I'll definitely try to update while I'm there. Anyways comment what you thought of this chapter, and vote if you don't mind :)
Song of the chapter: Burn It Down by Linkin Park.