cuatro

finn was already sweating, and he hadn't even stepped out onto the stage yet. he knew he was a fantastic performer, and that this would be another successful run of The Struggle, but that man that he saw at his last performance (and in the park) was still on his mind. finn has only seen his face very quickly as he had stood up after the play to applaud, but he was still captivated. he wondered if the man would be at his show today.

the music started, and finn put on his yellow mask. spotlights began to point to the stage, and finn slowly walked out, the crowd erupting with applause.

and there he was.

———

poe watched as the man in the yellow mask stepped out onto the stage, and his heart immediately missed a beat. he was so gorgeous in every way; in the way the yellow mask complimented his dark skin, the way he seems so absolutely invested in his roll, the way he talked with such diction and conviction. it captivated poe.

he continued to be captivated by the man on the stage and watched contently as he swung his arms with every dramatic line that came flowing out his his lips. the play eventually came to a roaring end, the audience erupting as the cast stood and bowed at the edge of the stage. poe cheered with the rest of the crowd, but was slightly disappointed. he never wanted the play to end.

yet, in one swift motion, the man in the yellow ask ripped off the golden cover and showed his true, full face.

poe's heart stopped.

"mama," he would later say outside the theatre while on the phone.

"i think i'm in love."