cinco

"so i think i'm going to bring him flowers."

poe's therapist, leia, looked up from her clipboard and stared at him.

"there's a little meet and greet after their shows, and i'm gonna bring him flowers and put my number in the bouquet."poe said again, his confidence fading.

leia sighed. "do you think this is a good idea?" she said, leaning forward. "i mean, after last time?" she mentioned, concerned.

"i've thought this through, and i'm ready again." poe said, fumbling with his hands. "i'm ready."

leia thought for a moment before smiling. "i think you are too."

-

poe stood up from his auditorium seat, cheering. he set the bouquet down on his chair to continue clapping, watching the man in the yellow mask bow on stage. the cast walked off, and the auditorium filed out.

poe walked back out onto the city streets and headed towards the back on the building where the cast was going to exit. he stood in a crowd of about twenty people, and felt that there should be more people waiting to meet the cast. although, he was slightly relieved that the group was so small. he might even have some time to talk to the cast, one member in particular.

the metal doors swung open, and the small cast stepped out into the little alley behind the building. the group of fans swarmed to them, taking pictures and getting autographs and congratulating the cast for their performance. the cast wore nametags, little white stickers on the left side of their outfits. poe scanned the crowd for the man he was looking for, and there he was.

the man in the yellow mask.

he looked absolutely stunning, his dark skin reflecting his golden suit and the glitter that was scattered on his face. he beamed at the fans that surrounded him, and poe decided right then and there that his smile was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen in his 25 years of life on earth. poe, however, could not see the man's nametag through the group of people.

poe shuffled his way through the crowd, his heart beating as he got closer to the shorter man. what was he going to say? how appropriate is it for a twenty-five year old man to be a fan of a musical? how would be explain the large bouquet of flowers he gripped tightly in his hand?

he reached the man, and spotted his nametag.

finn.

what a gorgeous name.

finn turned around and looked... surprised? shocked? his eyebrows shot up as he met poe's kind eyes. poe smiled nervously and stuck out his hand.

"hi, i'm poe. i'm a, uh..." poe held up the bouquet. "huge fan." he said with a sideways smirk.

finn looked almost speechless. poe worried the gesture was weird, too weird, and considered jumping into the nearby dumpster before-

"finn! i-i'm finn." he exclaimed, beaming at poe a little differently than he did for the other fans that greeted him. "it's great to have you here, poe. thank you." he said kindly, taking the bouquet.

poe smiled. "i've come to a couple of your shows here in new york, you're absolutely mind blowing at what you do." he said, scratching the back of his neck and hoping to god the blush on his face wasn't noticeable.

"i really appreciate that," finn said, looking around at the group of fans that had moved onto the other cast members. the cast started to walk back inside, waving to their fans, most of them teenagers. "i have to go," finn said reluctantly. "but i hope to see you again soon."

poe smiled, his heart leaping into his throat. "me too."

-

as the metal door behind finn shut, he broke into a full sprint back to his dressing room, knocking over several costume racks on his way there. he swung the door open to his tiny dressing room and startled rey where she sat, picking at her nails.

"jesus, finn, what's the hurry?" she asked, focusing on him instead of her nails.

"he was there, rey! he gave me these flowers! his name is poe!" finn exclaimed, out of breath. his heart was beating so fast he wouldn't be surprised if it leapt right out of his chest.

"finn, that's amazing!" rey said excitedly, just as happy. finn smiled and sat down, picking through the flowers to look at them.

something within the bouquet caught finn's eye. he furrowed his brows as he reached into the flowers and grabbed the small white post-it note and held it up for rey to see. she walked over and stood next to where finn sat, also confused.

he unfolded the piece of paper, and realized exactly what it was. on the paper, the digits read:

716-927-9372

finn's eyes widened.

"holy shit!"