12화

For a second there, Jungkook went numb. He knew he liked Sinb... he just wasn't aware he loved her. With her heart having stopped for a split second, it almost felt like his entire world came tumbling down. His breathing paused, his hair stood up, and fear took over his whole body.

Jungkook: "You're okay now, you're okay" he consoled her as she continued to cough. Luckily for them, the weather was quite warm so even though Sinb was drenched in water- she'd be in stable condition.
Sinb: "How'd you find me?" she asked.
Jungkook: "The tide took me to you" he replied while scanning her head to make sure she wasn't hurt anywhere.
Sinb: "You jumped in the water after me??!" her voice was starting to come back.
Jungkook: "Are you hurt anywhere?"
Sinb: "Jeon Jungkook, are you crazy?! You could've been killed!" she scolded him for having followed her. "You could've went straight towards that dam down there! What were you thinking?!" she continued.
Jungkook: "I was thinking that if I didn't come after you then I'd regret it for the rest of my life!" he yelled back at her. "Do you know how scared I was?!"
Sinb: "Still..." she softly said.
Jungkook: "I don't care what the situation is. You are my priority" he added.

Sinb looked at the drenched Jungkook who was still busy scanning her entire body to look for any injuries that she may have gotten from the sharp branches.

Sinb: "I'm fine, I really am" she stopped him, holding onto his wrists to halt him from worrying about her. "Where are the others?" she asked.
Jungkook: "They're on the other side for now" he helped her stand up. "Are you sure you're okay?" he asked again.
Sinb: "Yes mom" she rolled her eyes at him "thanks to you" she smiled at him.
Jungkook: "And for saving your life, you should start calling me oppa now" he said.
Sinb: "Yea, over my dead body" she responded before the two stopped and stared at each other for her unintended pun just now.
Jungkook: "Let's not talk about death, shall we?" he took her by the hand as they started to walk back to the area where they were crossing the river earlier.

**

Sohyun: "Why aren't they here yet?" she paced back and forth as the rest of them waited at the edge of the river after having made it across. Yugyeom, who sat down, couldn't help but be annoyed of Sohyun's constant nuisance.

Eunseo: "Thank you..." she expressed her gratitude to Hanbin who was busy trying to figure out how to get to the island before dark.
Hanbin: "For?" he coldly responded.
Eunseo: "Well... for earlier... I guess" she arched her brows a bit.
Hanbin: "It's not something to be thankful for" he replied.
Eunseo: "I know... I know what I did was... selfish and stupid and..."
Hanbin: "Disloyal" he added.
Eunseo: "Right..." her eyes narrowed down to the ground, feeling shameful for what she's done to Sinb.
Hanbin: "The only right way to make of this situation is to apologize" he told her.
Eunseo: "I plan on... apologizing" she managed to say before slowly walking away to sit down on the other side of the log.

Yugyeom: "COULD YOU" he started to say but held in his temper, "Could you possibly just stand still or sit still and stop pacing around?? You're making me more nervous" he said.
Sohyun: "How could I? Jungkook is out there and I don't even know if he's alive right now!" she panicked once again.
Hanbin: "Jungkook's more than capable" he assured her "Pretty sure the guy could manage"

Yugyeom was a little taken aback to hear Hanbin praise Jungkook. Just hearing that made him respect his best friend's enemy a little bit. Hanbin noticed Yugyeom looking at him and that's when he realized he was being too nice.

**

Jungkook: "You think you can do this again?" he asked her before they were going to attempt crossing the river bank once more.
Sinb: "Yea... of- of course I can" she replied, not being able to take her eyes off the deep ends.
Jungkook: "Remember, don't be afraid. I've got you" he strapped onto her tiny waist extra tight.