Distracting Dragons

"Hey! Sif-Eye!"

I turned towards Sting and Lector, who were running (Well, for Lecter, Flying) towards me. I was about to start my push ups before lunch, why do they have to bother me? Be polite, I reminded myself.

"Yeah, Light bulb?" Normally I would be annoyed, but every bit of antagonising energy left me when I saw how excited they were. They had these huge grins on their faces, like little kids.

"I've thought about what we talked about yesterday," the dragon slayer began, "and I think you're in the Mermaid Heel guild!" He stated, looking quite proud.

"Nope. Guess again." I said, stretching my left arm while I held my elbow with my right. You know, that one stretch everyone knows how to do?

"What?!" the two Sabertooth members exclaimed.

"But you have to be in Mermaid Heel!" Lecter bleated. "You don't act anything like a Blue Pegasus wizard!"

"And you're too sane to be from Lamia Scale!" Sting added.

I giggled a little. They actually put some thought into this. "I have to be honest, it was a good guess. But not good enough." I switched my arms.

"Well, you can't be from Quatro Cerberus, they're too crazy and masculine," Sting thought, running his hand through his spiky blonde hair. "But those are all the well known guilds I can think of. And if you're not from Mermaid Heel, then I don't know where you'd be from."

"I didn't expect you to get it right on the first try. Or at all," I said, getting down on my knees. I don't even care if he's here, 50 pre-lunch push ups, then I eat!

"What are you doing?" The blond queried, staring at me in confusion.

"Push ups," I replied. 3, 4, 5, 6...

"Why are you doing push ups? " Lector asked.

"Well, I'm training... So to train...I set myself tasks leading towards...an end goal. One of those tasks is 50 push ups... before lunch," I explained, trying not to be rude. It was a silly question.

"Ok, but why push ups?" The exceed asked.

That was actually a better question. "Because... I'm an archer... I need a hell lot of strength in my arms... to draw a bow... They tend to get sore from the strain... so I have to keep them strong," I clarified.

16, 17, 18, 19...

"I didn't know that. I always thought archery was fairly easy," Sting commented.

"Well... it's takes a lot of practice... You should've seen me when I started learning... when I was 9," I said. 24, 25, 26...

"Seriously?! You've been using a bow and arrow since you were 9 years old?!" Sting exclaimed. "That's awesome! No wonder you're so great at it."

31, 32, 33, 34..."Well... how long have you been using... dragon slayer magic?" I asked. This conversation was lasting a lot longer than I would like it to be, but I was genuinely interested in getting to know Sting.

"Since I was really young. I think four or five?" He said. "Weisslogia, the dragon who raised me, taught me nearly everything I know."

"And since Sting is the best, his dragon obviously did a good job. He's so strong, no one could ever beat him," Lector bragged. Usually I dislike it when people are being arrogant, but Sting talking about how someone who raised him taught him magic? It reminded me of when I was little.

I smiled to myself. "The same goes... for my mom and dad... Mom taught me illusion magic... Dad taught me how to draw a bow...They were the best," I replied. 44, 45, 46, 47...