*Episode 18

It's been a year guys!!
A year! I can't believe I started this book a year ago.
Thanku so much for your love and support and I hope you'll be there with me till the end!

Ahana's pov (unedited)

I made a cake and wrote 'I love you' on it. I also made special dinner for Shravan. My mobile started ringing, it was a reminder to remind me to get ready. It was already 7, he would be here in half an hour. I ran straight to the bathroom, freshened up. Then I wore a blue coloured saree, and did a little makeup. I left my hair down in loose curls, just as Shravan likes.

I looked at myself in the mirror and blushed. Will Shravan like this? I hope he does. I just want today to be perfect. And I'm also ready to take this marriage to the next step if he wants. I blushed hard at just the thought of it.

I came out and sat on the dining table waiting for him. I felt nervous, my palms were sweating. I also felt excited at the same time. There were butterflies in my belly. I couldn't contain my excitement. I was so happy.

I waited and waited but Shravan did not come. He's late today, I thought. I looked at the watch and it was 11 o'clock. I sighed. 'where is he?' 'should I call him?' I thought and picked up my mobile to call him.

Phone was ringing, but nobody was receiving the call. My heartbeat started to increase. 'Is everything okay?' I kept on calling him.

7 times, 8 times but nobody was receiving the call. Then the 9th time that I called, his number was unreachable the it was saying switched off. What?!

Now I just sat there praying that everything was fine. Nothing will happen to him. He's just busy, he'll come soon. I kept on convincing myself that Shravan is fine.

I looked at the clock at it was 1:00 o'clock. Where is he? My eyelids felt heavy so I rest my head on the dining table. 'Shravan come home' was the last thought I had before I drifted off.

~|~

Some hustling voices broke my slumber. I raised my head only to wince in pain. My neck was paining pretty bad due to sleeping on a table. I started massaging my neck and then again heard some voices from the bedroom. I stiffened. Who is this?

I slowly got up and started walking towards the bedroom. My heartbeat was racing. Cautiously I walked to the door and peeked in to see Shravan throwing some clothes from the closet in a suitcase. I sighed.

I ran towards him and hugged him tightly taking him off guard. He stiffened.

"Where were you? I was so scared and worried!"

He didn't say anything just stood there with his hands on his side. He didn't even hug me back. I left him awkwardly.

"Umm..are we going somewhere?" I asked him. But he didn't even look at me, he resumed to throwing his stuff in the bag. I noticed that he was still wearing yesterday's clothes, 'didn't he come home last night?

I looked at him carefully. His hair were all messed up. His shirt was crumbled and messily tucked in his trousers, top buttons were open and sleeves folded. He looked tired and his eyes swollen. Was he crying?!

"Shravan..?" I said placing my hand on his shoulder but he moved away and closed his bag and started walking.

Something was wrong, I could feel it. I ran behind Shravan to stop him but he was already out of the main door. My heart dropped. What is wrong? I felt tears pricking my eyes. But I controlled them.

' He's probably just stressed out about work' 'but then where is he going with the bag?' I hope everything is okay.

With heavy heart I started cleaning all the mess from yesterday. I threw the cake and food in the dustbin because it was sitting out on the dining table all night, so it's probably not good to eat that anymore.