10. FINAL CHAPTER

i fell on my knees. tears started flowing down my face.
i read why does he need to be killed:
suspect of seeing our top secrets and we are in danger because he might go public about it.
it's because of me.
this is my fault.
taehyung will die, because we fell in love with each other.
°°°
my paper also had written that it must be completed this evening.
my first love, my first kiss, my first time, everything will die today.
and how funny, i get to be the one who will kill this innocent person.
everything that's involved with me, surely suffers and dies.
if only i had said no when he asked me to sit with me in that cafe. if only i could destroy my feelings and erase my memory.
taehyung, i love you.
but i was aware this job takes a lot of sacrifice.
i was aware this i the only job i'm suited for.
i was...
and there's no going back now.
°°°
it was already evening time. i was feeling dead. i think i have never felt this emptiness and sorrow.
because it said i have to complete this by the end of the day, i decided to wait until it's midnight.
even my tears stopped.
tomorrow, i will once again have no reason to live.
the only one who kept me sane, who kept me feel something, that was taehyung. and i will kill him. i will watch his life slowly leaving his body. i will be the one who will watch the sparkles in his eyes dying with him.
i will kill the only person i care about.
°°°
taehyung's window was opened, he was in his new apartment in seoul. i went inside, and looked at my watch. it was 23:55.
i lifelessly went into his room, and saw taehyung peacefully sleeping on his bed.
i couldn't help myself, i started sobbing and drowning in my tears. i slowly went to his bed, and i climbed on top of him.
his eyes slowly and not fully opened, and he mumbled:
"jungkook?"
i kissed him. i kissed him with so much emotions and my lower lip was trembling.
"jungkook what's wrong??? '' he asked me, deeply concerned.
" taehyung, how much do you love me? " i asked, inbetween my sobs.
taehyung smiled, and my heart broke seeing him smile for the last time.
" i love you to the all the planets and back kookie"
"would you die for me?" i asked him seriously.
he smiled, and wiped the tears of my cheek.
"i'd die in the most painful way for you"
with that, i smiled and got up.
taehyung was confused and just watched me.
i sat on the rail of his terrace.
i looked at my watch. 23:59.
"jungkook, what-" but i stopped him by saying
"when they ask you what happened, a masked man tried to get inside and kill you, but he slipped and fell, and dropped his gun" i said and threw my gun on the floor.
"jungkook you're scaring me what's going on??!!"
one last tear went down my cheek and i said
"i love you taehyung"
.
.
.
i let myself go.
the last moments of my life were in slow motion.
i remembered meeting this dumbass for the very first time. i remember kissing him like an idiot in his hotel room. i saw taehyung leaning on the rail and screaming my name. gosh, he's so beautiful.
thank you, kim taehyung. thank you for bringing my feelings back into my life.
thank you for showing me what love truly is, and thank you for living instead of me.
.
.
.
i died, because of love, and oh man, i couldn't imagine a better way to die.