™3 : BusTED

[ Chapter 3 : Busted ]

The next day at work , I decided to tell Sydney that she sounded like a completely different person when she was prank texting.

"By the way...nice prank Syd... I saw through it though!" I laughed.

"What prank...?" Her face was totally serious , like she had no idea what I was talking about.

"Nice try Sydney." I giggled , "You really gotta teach me how to keep such a straight face!"

"I haven't a clue what you're talking about..." She mumbled , confused.

"Didn't you text me?" I asked , all the laughter inside me dying away.

"I swear to God I didn't , Layla. What's this about?"

"Oh nothing. Nothing at all Sai."

"Don't call me that. I hate that name."

"Why not? Sai sounds like Kai..which is a pretty cool name if you ask me... I mean...look at exo..."

"I don't stan them. I stan BTS."

"Neither do I... It's just that Kai is pretty cute."

"If I were to choose... I'd say luhan is much better."

"He's an ex-member , Sydney!" I exclaimed.

"Well then. D.O. maybe."

"Whatever , Sai. Whatever."

The day passed without a single text from the unknown Xavier.

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣

X : you think this is a game?

X : You f**k with me all you want, then you don't even keep your side of the agreement??!!

X : I thought even a thug like you would be better than to break such a promise.

I didn't know how to reply. This person clearly wasn't Sydney. Which means that he or she might as well he a murderer who is in a dire need of a transplant.

L : what are you talking about?

X : [ typing....]
X : oh shit.
X : you aren't J . Who the f*** are you?

L : you were the one who texted me first!

X : and you lead me into believing that you were J!!!

L : whatever. Do I look like I care?

X : [ typing.... ]
X : I can't believe you. Do you even know what you've done? Because of you , the only person I have might disappear from my life!!!

L : [ typing.... ]
L : for the sake if sweet chocolate fudge. This isn't my problem.

X : fu***n hell man! I can find you , you know! I don't care if you're a girl or a boy Ima f****n slap you!!

L : easy with the swearin....
L : really? Slapping is all you can do after hiding a body and taking money...for murder or whatever?

X : [ typing...]
X : [ typing...]
X : [ typing...]
X : ........ No.

L : that all you gonna say after all that typing.

X : I didn't mean to. The body...the money... I didn't mean anything...

L : what are you talking about?

X : this ain't any of your business. That's it. I've got to find J's real number...I can't let her die.

L : who?

L : hello.. you there?

X : [ No reply ]

Okay , but did I screw something up? Did I really ruin something big?

I mean , the "her" he was talking about... Would she die if she didn't get that transplant or ...?

I'll carry the guilt around with me forever if she were to die because of me.

But if she's related to him...she must be in some kind of mafia or something.

Still.

He said he didn't mean it.

Isn't that what they all say? So far , I have yet to hear a criminal saying that he totally meant his crim and that it was fun doing.

But he didn't even say that he didn't mean to kill. He said "...the body..." .

What did that even mean?

Would a murderer really threaten to slap someone?

I thought murderers were more the type to go all torture chamber and such..not just slaps.

For all I knew , I didn't care.

It's true that I said that ...

But I never got around to delete "Xavier's" phone number or our chat.....

______________________
Chapter 3
Written on :
March 5 , 2018.
Vote ★
Comment 🗨
Share 👥
Thank you!