™13 : VoiCES

[Chapter 13 : Voices ]

Xavier

Layla

" Yes I'm calling Layla..."

Layla holds the phone in her now sweaty hands.

He actually called and she can't bring herself to believe it. As if that wasn't enough , he had to have the sexiest voice ever.

Why did this have to sound like a cliché chick-lit ?

" Layla...You there?"

" God ..yes I'm here.."

"...."

" Why are you laughing? "

" Nothing really.. is hearing my voice that terrifying?"

"No! Not terrifying...just different..."

" Yeah well. Everything about me is different..."

Xavier laughs quietly to himself. Layla was cute and funny all over and her voice just made him extra curious about how she actually looked like.

" Yeah. But still I mean Calling is weird.."

" So you wanna go back to texting instead?"

"No!!! I mean yes...no I mean I don't want anything but I mean I don't mind calling... Ughhh I don't even know how to say this..."

Xavier smiled widely and shook his head. He was thinking that he definitely should've called her sooner

Meanwhile , Layla was mentally facepalming at how awkward she was being. She desperately looked for something to talk about but her good old brain decided to betray her at that moment and came up as empty as a white slate.

" So. Wanna meet up?"

"Huh?"

"I mean , since you're so eager to put a face to my voice... wouldn't that be good??"

"Yeah but what's Wrong with just sending pictures?"

"Nah... that just ruins the surprise..."

Xavier wasn't being so honest about it. He actually wanted to see her expression when she sees him for the first time , sending pictures would just definitely ruin it.

Layla was terrified. Did she really want to meet up with the person who possibly had something to do with a hiding a body?

She didn't know , but the excited butterflies in her stomach were hinting at the answer not so discreetly.

" I don't know Xavier.. I'm a busy person..."

" Well check your calendar , set a date , and text me later ."

Then he hung up , leaving the word Date  dancing in the air.

_____________________

Written on :
June 14, 2018
Posted on :
June 14 , 2018
Comment 💭
Vote 💟
Share 👥

What is one place you love?

Hm... Makkah cuz it's such a lovely holy place...and Orlando FL cuz yaaay my hometown XD .

Take a look at my other books! Enjoy ❤ :
For the love of Rhymes
☑I Actually Married A Muslim
☑ Confessions of a Muslim.

EID MUBARAK MY LOVELIES! ❤❤❤❤

Tima E.
Xxx