Prologue

Her heart was beating in her ear drums, she needed to get away from that place. She needed to run. Down the dark alley, she saw the light of a street at the end. Picking up her pace, she could barely see from all the adrenaline and blood pumping through her.

She came to the end of the alleyway. A child, only 8 years old came to an abrupt stop as she witnessed two dark, masked figures leaving a bank with bags full of money. Something about them was off, a dark aura seemed to trace their footsteps and she couldn't make out faces. She knew what would happen if they saw her, she went to turn and leave just as they caught sight of the child.

"That child just saw us."

"It doesn't matter, she didn't see our faces. Come on, let's go."

"We can't take any risks." 

The child ran hard and fast down the alley, but it was a straight shot for a while yet. 

"Darios, please, she's just a child."

"Shut it, this needs to happen." 

"NO!"

He held his palm forward and let out a massive blast of dark energy, ignoring the woman's pleas. It filled the alleyway, and all they heard was a muffled cry before they kept running. 

The child was running as hard as she could, she briefly turned her head, watching the darkness close in on her. She saw a corner, just a small ways ahead. She ran as fast as her feet could carry her, heart filled with fear. She whipped around the corner just as the darkness was about to engulf her, just barely clipping her foot as she let out a scream. The small area the darkness touched left her searing in agony. The shoe she wore was torn off, and her foot was tainted black.

She started back to the daycare, whimpering. She might have hated that place, but being abused was something she was used to. What she just saw, was not anything she'd seen before.