one

[ CHAPTER ONE ]

SHE looked up as the elevator shaft ascended forward

SHE looked up as the elevator shaft ascended forward. She felt dazed. Confused. Frightened.

Where am I? She asked herself. Who am I?

She knew that these questions were probably ones that she should know. It was like the girl's memory was wiped completely. She remembered the simple things, like how to count to 100. Or how to cook eggs. Common sense things she remembered. But not who taught her them. Their faces were blurred out.

She began to hyperventilate. Her breathing got heavy as she put a hand to racing heart.

Why can't I remember anything!?

The young girl began to freak out. She had no clue where she was going. Or who was going to be there. If anyone at all.

"Someone! Help!" She yelled as she banged her small fists against the caged ceiling. Tears ran down the girl's face as the realization hit her.

No one was going to help her.

No one was around her.

She was alone.

-

It was a good half hour before her name became clear. Rae.

She had to repeat the name over and over again just to make it seem somewhat familiar to her. It was a foreign word, but just so happened to be the only thing she knew for sure.

The metal cage she had been thrown in had stopped which pulled Rae out of her thoughts.

Two steel doors opened and all became clear. There were about 15 young men standing above her.

"Dude needs to cut his hair!" One of them laughed.

"I don't think that's a dude, Dave."

"It's a girl..."

END OF CHAPTER ONE