six

[ chapter six ]

MEMORY ACCESS GRANTED

SHE looked around at the diagram of the Maze.

"How's it coming?" Chancellor Paige asked Rae.

"I think I've found a way they can get out. If I hid the exit in Section 7 and then if we could make the walls move at night, it'd be impossible for them to find." She smiled as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Good work, Rae. Don't make it easy on them." She complimented, patting the young girl on the back.

Chancellor Paige thought highly of Rae for she was one of the most intelligent in Group A. She had handpicked Rae to make the Maze.

As Ava Paige left the room, Rae took her hair down from the messy bun it was in. She had worked better when it was down. She shook her hair out as her heels clicked on the floor.

She had no clue how she was going to make this work. How she was going to get the walls to move at certain times. It almost seemed impossible.

"Stop doing that," Rae looked up and saw Thomas.

"Doing what?"

"Biting your lip. For one, you have nothing to be nervous about and two—"

"Don't finish that sentence." She warned, chuckling a little as she walked over to wear he was leaning on the wall.

"Are you almost finished?" Thomas asked her as she laced her fingers with his, walking the two of them over to the diagram.

"Almost. I just have to finish Section Six, which shouldn't take long." She grinned.

Thomas looked at Rae as she smiled at her work. He was extremely proud of his girlfriend. She had worked hard on this project and he intended to let her know.

"You did an amazing job on this, Rae."

"Thanks, Thomas."

Thomas then brought her in for a small kiss. Butterflies erupted in her stomach, just like every time they kissed.

Because if there was one thing Rae knew, it was that she loved Thomas with every bit of life in her.

-