chapter 1

It was a warm, breezy day in France. Children and dogs are out playing in the sunshine. People mingled with their friends and enjoyed the nice day to be with each other. Preist and nuns cleaned outside the Church. Whiling enjoying the day. 

As I walked through town, my dog, Olivier walked beside me. He jumped around and got all excited when he saw a squirrel. I smiled amusedly at him. I've had him for at least two years now. I reached down and petted his brown and white fur. He had one green eye and one blue eye. With floppy ears and a skinny tail. We just moved here for a few months. I didn't plan on staying here for a while yet. 

As we walked I saw Judge Claude Frollo sitting on his dark smokey gray house, talking to a few guards. I've never met him yet. I've heard about him and seen him a few times. My friend, Adora Belrose. She's met him before. Apparently, he's cold-hearted and rude. I continued to go on my way. Not paying any attention to him anymore. 

Later that day I sat out in Adora's garden with her. Olivier played with her dog. I smiled as Adora came over with tea. She sat down on the other chair and looked at the dogs. 

"My parents are attending a ball. I am invited and I want you to come along too. All of the nobles and higher officials will be there. Maybe you will meet someone" she grinned. 

I scuffed and rolled my eyes. "Of course you would think I need to meet someone. Maybe you'll meet someone"

"I hope so," she said with a dreamy smile. "Someone good looking and rich" 

I rolled my eyes for a moment, I never met someone who I would want to settle down with and have a 'family'. I've always been out on the road, traveling, not staying anywhere for long. 

"Besides that, You need to find someone eventually. If you find someone to settle down with, then we can be friends forever. Plus our children could be friends together." Adora explained. 

"Yeah we will see," I said standing. "Maybe we can go dress shopping later tonight," I said in a cheesy voice. 

Over on the other side of France Claude Frollo walked through the town with a sneery look. He gazes coldly at everyone. His hands behind his back as he walked through town. He ignored children as they stopped when they saw him walk past. He looked at some girls on and off, not really interested in any of them. 

He looked over seeing a beautiful lady coming out of the Belrose mansion. He watched her with great interest. <I've never seen her before> he thought. He knows basically everyone here and he's never seen this girl. He watched her go with a scruffy brown and white dog following her. 
"Hmm" he grinned watching her go.