Chapter 3

As we headed to the ball I looked out the carriage window. I was incredibly nervous for this. I wasn't ready to meet nobles or anyone higher than a noble. I looked at Olivier, I smirked seeing him try to mess with the bow around his neck. I reached over to fix it. 
"Sorry boy, but you have to look good for the dance," I said. 
"I don't see why you bring him anyhow. He's just going to have to sit outside" Adora said. 
"I bring him everywhere, it wouldn't be fair not to bring him" I replied. 
I heard Adora give a sigh, I rolled my eyes and continued to pay attention to Olivier. 

Once we got there I had Olivier wait outside, where he was hidden so no one can take him. Adora and I walked behind her parents into the manor. I looked around at everyone. Everyone is so dressed up and nice looking. The manor was decorated beautifully. All of the single men greeted ladies who are also single and looking. 

"I wonder if James will be here," Adora said. 
"Why?" I asked. 
"I like him and he likes me. So I am hoping he will be here so we can dance the night away" she answered. She smiled when she spotted a man with light brown hair. "There he is!" she chirped. She grabbed my arm and pulled me over to him. 

I looked at James, I could see why she likes him. He has light brown hair, beautiful dark green eyes. He smiled charmingly at us. He looked directly at Adora. Love filled his green eyes. 

"Hi, James" Adora smiled. "This is (y/n)" she added. 
"Hello (y/n)" James said. 
"Hi," I said. 

A little later in the party, the three of us stood there with drinks. I noticed James looking directly at someone. 
"Look there's Judge Claude Frollo" James said pointing. Adora and I both looked over. He dressed nicely. Nice looking as well. I kinda smiled at the sight of him but let it fade away. I set my empty cup down and watched as Adora and James went to the dance floor to dance together. 

I made my way along the outside of the crows to avoid Adora watching me leave. I didn't want her to know I was dumping this party already. I found it completely boring. I had no actual interest in some of these guys. 

"Hey (y/n)" I heard a mans voice call. "Come meet Judge Claude Frollo" 
<Oh no..> I thought. <Adora's parents> I forced myself to smile and turned around. They were standing next to the mysterious man. I wished they didn't see me but I made my way over. 
"Nice to meet you," I said doing a little bow. 
"You too," Claude said. His voice cold and dark. It sent chills through my spine...nice chills. 
"She's staying with us for a few days," Adora's father said. 
I wanted to leave but couldn't figure out a way to leave I looked back up at him. His black eyes were so emotionless. I easily got lost in them. There talking faded away until I couldn't hear it anymore. 
"Right (y/n)?" Adora's father said. That's when I snapped out of it. 
"Right," I said nervously. 

"So miss (y/l/n)" Claude started to say when Adora's parents went to the dance floor. "What do you do for a living?" he asked. 
"Making art and stuff.." I answered. 
"Hmm" he said not impressed. 
I wanted to shrink back but couldn't. I felt small and weak. 
"What do you do?" I asked. 
"I am a minister" he answered coolly. 
"Nice" I commented, not really caring at all. 

We stood in silence for awhile until he asked if I was thristy. I just nodded and went with him to get something to drink. As I drank I felt his eyes scorching into my skin. I felt nervous. I started to scared and anxious. I sat my cup down soonly. My heart racing. I looked at the dancers. 

"I better get going" I said. 
"Oh alright..but before you go, would you like to meet tomorrow?" he asked with a devilish smile. 
"Umm sure" I said feeling weird. 
"Meet me at the bell tower" he said. 
"Alright" I said leaving as soon as I got the chance. I ran down the steps. "Olivier" i called to my dog

Olivier came running over to me. The two of us walked to Adora's place. I glanced back at the manor. Unsure of what to do about Frollo. I shook. 

Back at the manor Frollo watched (y/n) leave. He enjoyed watching her walk away. Her beauty made him smile. His heart raced and an undying thing made him want her even more. Her eyes sparkled like moonlight. Her hair so soft looking. He grinned and headed towards the door to leave. He wanted time to think about her. He couldn't wait until tomorrow when he gets to see her again.