Chapter 7

Its been a few days since Oliver died. I've been depressed, obviously. I lost my friend. I headed out one early foggy morning. I went back to Adora's home but I wanted to leave Paris just for a little bit. I could care less about the fact that he will go on his little rant and have his guards searching for me again. As I neared the gates I heard a scream. I whipped around and saw two men running at me. 

One slammed into me sending me to the ground. My head hit the ground hard that I blacked out. 

I woke up, in a cage. My vision hazy. I looked around and saw the two men counting out jewels they must of stole. 

"She's awake" one snickered. 
"Well sleeping beauty you're probably wondering why you are here," the other one said coming over to stand in front of the cage. 

I gripped the bars of the cage. I narrowed my eyes then it hit me. These men killed Oliver. "You assholes are the one that killed my dog" I snarled. 

"Oh yes, my dear we did. We were trying to get you" he grinned. 
"Why?" I snapped. 
"Well because the lovely Claude Frollo seems to have a thing for you. You seem to be his spark of interest and we figured since you are, we could kidnap you and demand a ransom," he explained circling the cage. 

"You killed a dog and kidnap me for money" I growled. 
"Pretty much yes. Once we get the money we will leave you for him to find." the second one said. 

I sat back as they left the room. I heard the doors slam. I sighed and held my legs together. The hay started to bother my legs. It is so freaking annoying. I closed my eyes trying to think of what I could do to escape. 

CLAUDE'S P.O.V
I looked around Paris trying to find (y/n). I started to get suspicious. Adora even said she hasn't seen (y/n) for a while. 

"Sir," said one of my guards coming over with a red-haired woman. "She says she saw (y/n) being dragged off. 

"When?" I demanded looking at her. 
"This morning. They messed with me trying to steal my bread and when they saw her they left me and pushed her to the ground. There was blood after they grabbed her and left. That's when I looked for a guard to tell them" she explained nervously. 

"Search all of Paris. Find her" I ordered harshly. 

That night I paced back and forth in front of Notre Dame. I stopped when I saw two of my guards running towards me. 

"We found a letter its for you" they said handing it to me. 

Dear Judge Claude Frollo, 

We have your precious flame. Give us 20 silver coins and 100 golden couns and you can have her back, unharmed. Leave the money at the old farmhouse outside of Paris tonight. Tomorrow night we will leave the girl there. But no one can be there waiting, or we will kill her! 

I crushed the letter. I started in the darkness for a moment. 
"I will have a few guards sit in hiding places, let them take the money first then when they come back to drop off (y/n) attack them" I ordered. 

They nodded and headed out there to drop off the money. 

YOUR P.O.V
I grabbed a pin out of my hair and tried to pick the lock. It took a few tries before I finally did it. I quietly got out and headed to a window. I climbed out the window and dropped to the ground. I ran towards the forest. I ran as fast as I could. Ignoring the pain from the branches and bushes that clawed me every chance they could get. 

I slowed when I knew I got far enough. I pant, sinking to the ground for a moment to regain my strength. I sighed and stood back up. I walked towards a grassy cliff. I saw Paris in the distance. I sighed and turned trying to find a way to go. 

Dawn finally hit when I headed towards a house. I sighed with relief hoping this person would at least help me. I made it to the door and knocked on it. 

When the door opened it revealed an older man. 
"Sir, can you please help me? I am lost" I begged. 
"Come in" he said warmingly. 

I sat at the table while he got me something to drink. 
"What happened?" he asked noticing how trashy I look. 
"I was kidnapped by some guys and I escaped. I've been walking all night, trying to get back to Paris" I answered. 
"I am heading to Paris tomorrow. I can take you then" he promised. 
"Thank you," I said with relief. 

"Let me find another dress for you. My wife had a few old dresses that could use some use.." he said heading up the stairs. 

He came down with a purple one. I went into another room and changed. 

Later that night we sat on his porch looking up at the stars. 
"Something is troubling you. I can sense it" he said softly. 
"How?" I asked. 
"I use to work at Notre Dame. I would often help with troubled people. But when my wife got sick we moved out here so she can die in peace" he answered. 
"I am sorry for your lost...but yes something is troubling me," I said. 
"What is it?" he asked kindly. 
"I don't know how I feel towards someone. "I answered. "I like being around him. He's so..caring towards me. I just don't know if I can return it. I've been traveling all my life and now I feel like home when I am with him.." 
"Sounds like you're in love" he said standing. "Maybe its God telling you, that its time you settled down." 

He walked inside leaving me outside with my thoughts. I started to wonder if it is God telling me that its time for me to settle down and be with someone who could make me happy. I looked back up at the sky. 

In the morning we headed to Paris. It would take most of the day to get there but that's fine. Just as long as I get there sometime today. I couldn't wait to see Frollo. I couldn't wait to be next to him again. I just wanted to know I was safe some where. 

As it got close to the evening we were coming close to Paris. Once we got inside I thanked him for helping me and headed towards Claude's home. I saw him standing outside talking to some f his minions. I waited for them to head away before I went toward him. 

A smile covered his face when he saw me. 
"(Y/n) Where have you been?" he asked quickly coming over. 
"Well held captive then I met a nice man who helped me back here" I answered smiling, looking up at him. 

"Since you're back, lets have a dinner tonight" he said smiling.