2

"Hi, I'm Ashley, I'm 15 years old." I told him it was the basic sentence we had to tell everyone who was looking to adopt us.

"Hey Ashley, I'm Jonathan and I'm 30 years old"

He held his hand out for me to shake it, I reached out and I gave him a weak as fuck hand shake.

"Okay so I have a list of questions I'm going to ask you, is that alright with you?"

"Yeah, that's fine go ahead" I mumble, gosh I hate being shy, I know he's not going to pick me.

He looked at me and gave me a reassuring smile. And looked down at a very crumpled piece of paper.

"Okay first, What is your birthday?"

I paused for a moment, Fuck this is a simple question, I should be able to answer it without hesitation. I finally remembered

"Oh it's June 17th, yours?"

Ahh why did I ask him that? We are not allowed to ask them questions back.

"It's May 2, next do you watch YouTube?"

"I mean sometimes, when I have free time,
When I do I mostly watch Jacksepticeye, some mini lads videos mostly his cards against humanity. And some other random stuff." I answer looking at my lap.

"Okay, cool, do you have a nickname you liked to be called?"

"Ash" I responded

"Okay Ash, can you look at me really quick?"

I slowly raised my head and looked at him, he had a lazy smile on his face

"So Ash, last question how long have you been in this orphanage?"

I took a shallow breath in and made an quick  gasp.

"Well I have been in the orphanage since I was born, the first time I was adopted was when I was 5 and that lasted about two months and than I was brought back because I didn't fit in with them, then  I was adopted again at age 12 and I lived with that family for a year and a half. Then I was brought back again."

Tears fogging over my eyes, I brought my head down to look at my lap,   I know I shouldn't be sad many kids have it worse than me here.

"Okay thank you Ash you may leave,"

I made my way to the door, and stood in line with the rest of the kids, miss smith walked in the the interview room to talk to Jonathan. A few minutes passed and miss smith and Jonathan walked out whispering to each other, Jonathan pointed In my direction and miss smith started walking towards me.

"Ashley go pack you bags you are getting adopted"

I ran up stairs and started throwing the little bit of clothes that I own in to a old gym bag. I was almost down when reality set in, I was being adopted I was finally getting a home, but than bad thoughts pledged my mind, what happens is he gets tired of me? Do I really deserve this? I mean Toby has never been adopted and he has lived in the orphanage his whole life and he is 16? He should be adopted not me!

I dropped to my knees hitting the ground with a strong force. Tears started running down my face like a stream, I let out a loud and ugly sob, I don't deserve to be adopted. I covered my face with my hands, and just cried.  All of a sudden I was pulled into a warm embrace, I turned my body and buried my head in to their chest, I could hear their heartbeat, it was so calming my eyes started to started to close and I dosed off in to darkness.

The first thing I heard was someone humming to "carry on my wayward son" I opened my eyes to see Jonathan driving. He looked at me and gave me a warm smile, I smiled back.

"Hey where is my bag?" I questioned

"It's behind you" he answered

I turned around in my seat and I grabbed my bag shorting through through the clothes I own I found my diary. I zipped up my bag and flipped to the second page.

May 3 2018

Dear diary If someone would have told me my life would have changed with a simple hello I would have called them crazy. I never would have thought that a simple hello would have gave me a new home. But here I am sitting in a vehicle on my way to my new home. I am extremely happy, that this man is giving me a chance to live with him.
-ash

I closed my diary and put my head against the cold window, I watched as the scenery turned to a blur and I dosed off again.

———————————————————————
That's was my chapter! Comment and vote I hope you enjoyed reading and I truly hope to see you in the next chapter!!!!

-insane

----------------------------------------------
Words 829
Made on March 9th 2018