Chapter 10

(Hey guys, before I begin this chapter, just wanted to give y'all a heads up. In this story, i purposely don't give Emmy certain characteristics like skin color or hair color or eye color. I want you all to be able to relate to her if you want to, and i know that when you guys read this, you probably don't picture Emmy the same as I do. So, i usually stay away from colors, or weight. In this chapter, i really can't afford it because an idea popped into my head. I'll be using description words based on how I imagine her, but feel free to think of Emmy however you want appearance-wise. If you picture her blond and curvy, that's fine. You picture her with black curly hair, that's fine. Maybe you want her to be pansexual or something lgbt. And I am soooo Okay with that. For this chapter, I'll be using my idea of Emmy because it's just easier to write. Sorry about the rant, thanks for reading😘😜)

I groaned, turning my head to the side, then stopping when a stiff pain shot through my neck. A gentle hand ran through my hair, soothing the pain.
"Hey love." Newt said quietly, continuing to run a hand through my hair. I forced my eyes open, taking a moment to adjust my eyes to the bright light above me. When i could finally see, I focused my weary eyes on Newts face, looking down at me.
"Hey. How are you feeling?" He said gently, pausing to pull a blanket up around my shoulders.
"My head hurts." I groaned. Newt nodded slowly.
"Well yeah, your head was bleeding." He said quietly, reaching over to lift up a bandage on my forehead.
"How long was I out?" I asked, rubbing my eyes with my hand. Newt sighed, running his hands through my hair again.
"A few hours." He said quietly. I yawned, trying to sit up. My hair was matted to my head with blood.
"Ow." I winced, trying to peel the dried blood off of my forehead. Newt frowned, still sitting on the edge of his bed.
"I got blood all over your sheets." I sighed, avoiding Newts eyes.
"It's fine. Really." He smiled lightly. I didn't move, just kept sitting there.
"Do you want to talk about what happened?" He said. I shook my head.
"Okay. I'll let you rest. Whenever you're ready, right?" He smiled. I nodded, laying back down. Newt planted a kiss on my forehead, and then I was asleep again.

When I woke up next, it was almost dark out. The small window in the corner showed the red sky as the sun set, and I sat up groggily. That's when I noticed something different. There were two bedside tables, two dressers, and two lamps in the room. I stood up slowly, walking towards the dresser and pulling the top drawer out.
My shirt sat on top, a few other clothes peeking through underneath. The door opened behind me.
"Oh, you're up." Newt said cheerily, carrying a box.
"Yeah. What's going on?" I said, my voice cracking from not using it.
"Oh, yeah, about that. I figured, you know, you could move in here with me? That way I could keep an eye on you and stuff." Newt said, setting box down. It was full of my clothes, the stuff that had once been hanging in the closet. I smiled, and he nodded.
"Yeah, Okay. So, I'm gonna finish with this, why don't you go shower, and I'll change the sheets if I can." Newt said, wiping his hands on his pants.
"Thanks Newt." I smiled quietly. He nodded, planting another kiss on my forehead, which he knew helped to cheer me up. I stumbled off to the bathroom, and turning on the shower. It took a while to strip off my shirt, and another minute to pry off my shorts. I left the bandage on my head, and figured I would deal with that later. After that I stepped into the shower, ready to wash the itchy blood off of my face. It took a while of scrubbing, but I finally got it. Then, there was the issue of hair. The blood was so dried, and my hair was too tangled. My once dark-brown and curly hair was now a big knot of rust-red snarls. Back in the glade, it reached down to in between my shoulders. By now, it was almost to the small of my back. I was able to rinse the blood out, but it was still a big mess of knots. I spent about five more minutes attempting to untangle it before giving up completely and stepping out of the shower. I wrapped a towel around me before calling out the door.
"Hey Newt, do you have any scissors?" He looked up where he was standing, in the middle of putting fresh sheets on the bed.
"Uh, Yeah. Why?" He asked. I paused, not even sure if I should answer.
"I was wondering if you could cut my hair." I said. He nodded slowly, as if he was doubting whether he'd be able to.
"I...I could try. Why do you want to cut your hair though? It's so pretty." He frowned. I sighed.
"It's just too long. I can't even untangle it and I miss how much easier it was to take care of when it was shorter." I explained. Newt nodded, his mouth tilting up at the corner just a little.
"Okay, Yeah. I can try, it might not be good though." He laughed quietly to himself. He walked into the bathroom with me, opening up the drawers and searching around for scissors. When he finally found it he sat on the floor behind me with a hairbrush in his other hand, patting the ground in front of him. I sat on the ground, my knees tucked up to my chest. Newt slowly started brushing my hair, gently, like he was afraid he'd hurt me. It was weird, after all the time we spent together in the glade, his hands didn't have the callouses they used to. They were soft now, and when they brushed across my neck or back I had to remind myself that it was actually him. After a while, he had gotten it as untangled as possible, which wasn't great on its own, but he picked up the scissors.
"How short do you want it to be?" I shrugged, wrapping my arms around my legs.
"To my shoulders?" I said. I could almost feel him nod behind me, and he started to trim my hair. Slowly, cutting off little bits at a time so he wouldn't cut it too short. He was so gentle, that I almost didn't realize when he was done cutting it, and he went back to brushing through it.
"That's better." He said, and I could almost sense the smile in his voice. The brush slid right through my brown hair, and it was so calming I almost fell asleep right then and there. Newt dried my hair off with a towel, careful of the bandage on my forehead.
"All done." He said, leaning forward to kiss my cheek over my shoulder.
"Thanks Newt." I smiled, kissing him back.

This one might suck. I wished I could spend more time on this, but I can't. Sorry guys, I'm swamped with homework rn.