Fallen Angel (A Thranduil/Legolas Fan Fic)

Prologue

Thranduil stood by his father’s side; clutching his hand tightly. “This is my son, Thranduil Prince of Mirkwood,” his father announced urging his son to step forward. Thranduil tugged at his father’s robes as he made himself known.

“Êl síla erin lû e-govaned vîn,” the elven king said as he bowed before the prince.

Thranduil nodded and murmured quickly, “Le nathlam hí.”  He bowed his head in acknowledgement as his father discussed the matter of his frequent visits with him.

Thranduil stood tiredly by his father and shuffled his feet absent-mindedly; until he heard a soft voice break the hurried conversation. He looked around wildly and concluded that the voice was only a dream.

As he turned on his heel he heard the voice once again, “Thranduil?”

Turning around he saw a young elvish girl clutching at her father’s robes and peering shyly at the young Prince. A faint blush appeared across Thranduil’s face as he bowed his head, “M-m-my name is Thranduil.”

The young girl smiled and stepped out from the shadows, “My name is Elerrian, and it is nice to finally meet the prince of Mirkwood.” Thranduil noticed a light about her which made his heart pound faster against his chest and his breaths get caught in his throat. ‘

She must be of the stars,’ he thought to himself finally as he stood there and admired her beauty. She laughed and shuffled her feet nervously as Thranduil stared at her,

“Peditham hi sui vellyn?” she asked her pale blue eyes meeting his olive green ones. He nodded and smiled softly, “Gwestog?” She laughed and grabbed her hands in her own pale ones, “I promise.”

Thranduil grinned but before he could find anything to say his father called him over; “I have to go,” he stuttered making his way slowly towards his father. Her face fell and before Thranduil could leave she grabbed his arm and whispered softly, “We will see each other again?”

He looked around and found a white lily growing in a small patch of soil; reaching out for the sun’s touch. He jogged over and carefully plucked the lily and handed it to her shyly, “Gwestog,” he murmured.

She accepted gracefully and brought it up to her nose to smell it; “It is beautiful,” she whispered cradling the delicate petals in her fingers. Thranduil’s face brightened as he took the flower from her hand and placed it carefully on her ear.

Tucking her hair behind her ear she looked up at him and planted a small kiss on his cheek, “Thank you.” He bowed his head and made his way towards his father who was waiting for him near the gardens.

“Ada who was that?”

He placed a hand on his son’s shoulder and smiled down at him, “She was the princess of the woods further south of our home.” Thranduil nodded and excused himself as he made his way towards his chambers.

He lay in his bead as the soft breeze brought the scent of spring through the open window and the stars sang softly in the tongue of the ancient ones. Thranduil sighed happily and fingered the broach that Elerrian had slipped to him before he had left.

He ssmiled and placed the broach near his heart as he hummed a song that his nana used to sing to him. “I made a promise Elerrian,” he whispered softly, “to come back to you. And I mean to keep that promise.”

Gwestog?-Do you promise? or I promise you

Êl síla erin lû e-govaned vîn- A star shines on the hour of meeting

Le nathlam hí- You are welcome here

Ada- Father

Nana- Mother

So what do you guys think? Please let me know whether I should continue this story or not!  Thank you- MJ Xx