The Badge and The Burden

Third Person Point of View

The opening ends to the window overlooking Beacon Academy from the new room of Team RWBY, panning over to Weiss Schnee sleeping soundly in her bed. Her eyes flutter open and she stretches her arms above herself, yawning, while Ruby Rose, dressed in her strangely-colored school uniform, creeps up on her side and suddenly blows a whistle, causing Weiss to fall off the bed.

"Good morning, team RWBY!" Ruby tells them.

"What in the world is wrong with you?" Weiss asks from the floor.

"Now that you're awake, we can officially begin our first order of business." Ruby explains ignoring Weiss's question.

"Excuse me?" She asks getting up and brushing herself off.

"Decorating!" Yang says holding a collection of pillows, pamphlets, and a candle holder.

"What?!" Weiss asks.

"We still have to unpack. And clean." Blake replies after her suit case spills open.

Weiss does not look enthusiastic, especially when Ruby knocks her back again with the blow of her whistle.

Ruby: "Aaaalright! Weiss, Blake, Yang, and their fearless leader Ruby have begun their first mission! Banzai!" Ruby says and raises her fist into the air.

Ruby with Blake and Yang doing the same at her sides say "Banzai!" they turn at an angle as Weiss lays on the floor and upbeat montage music starts playing.

Yang places a poster of six guys in various poses named "THE ACHIEVE MEN" on her part of the room. Weiss positions the painting of the Forever Fall forest to perfection and walks away. Blake is busy putting away her books on the shelves, picking up a copy of Ninjas of Love and widening her eyes as she warily looks around before putting it back. Ruby positions Crescent Rose at an exact angle against the curtains so she can perfectly slash a diagonal portion off. A quick zoom around the room and the repaired curtains ends with the girls admiring their handiwork... with one problem. The beds are cramped together in the center of the floor.

"This isn't going to work." Weiss tells them.

"It is a bit cramped." Blake agrees.

"Maybe we should ditch some of our stuff..." Yang suggests.

"Or we could ditch the beds... and replace them with bunk beds!" Ruby exclaims.

"Umm, that sounds incredibly dangerous." Weiss replies.

"And super-awesome!" Yang says.

"It does seem efficient." Blake adds.

"Well, we should put it to a vote!" Weiss tells them.

"I think we just did." Ruby tells her.

To the sounds of two dings and a single buzz, Blake thumbs up the idea, Yang makes a double-rocker gesture, and Weiss angrily curls her fists at her side. Decided, they rush at the beds, where sounds of jackhammering and sawing are heard until they gather back at the front of the room.

"Objective: Complete!" Ruby exclaims.

While Weiss' bed is simply on the ground next to her art and luggage, Blake's bed is next to her books, which are used to raise Yang's bed over it by placing the novels on the posts, and Ruby's is hanging from ropes on the ceiling with a blanket used as a tent over it.

Ruby: "Allllright! Our second order of business iiiiiiiis...! Classes... Now, we have a few classes together today. At 9, we've got to be-" Ruby says with her school things landing on her lap when Weiss interrupts her.