HEAT

Chapter Three.

*Warning* contains themes of violence, and may be triggering.

No. It couldn't possibly be. Violently, I scrambled on my phone, clicking on the message. To my surprise, it read:
'Hey girl! You have such a unique look! Are your eyes real?! Anyway, I would like to fly you out to America-and be a contestant on my show! See you soon, TyTy.'

Shocked, humbled and mortified; bewildered didn't begin to describe my emotions. I sat, for what seemed like forever in utter shock, it was like paralysis. After what felt like an eternity, I finally messaged her back, being sure to sound humbled and thankful. This was it. I, Arabella Anne was flying to America, and there was no one to stop m-

"Arabella!" A voice screamed, viciously. It was Adam, running upstairs to finish the argument we just had. Rapidly, I placed my phone on my bed, yet I was enthralled to share with him the news!

As soon as he dragged his feet in my room immediately addressed my success.

"Adam! I'm going to America! This is it, this is the opportunity I've waited for my whole life, I'm going to meet Tyra Banks! And be on America's next top model!" I cried, excitement in my voice. I sat patiently, waiting for his reply, a beaming smiled sprawled amongst my red, flustered face.

"Ahaha!" He cackled. "No you're not, you really think I'm going to let you go, by your self to America!" I stared at him blankly. I rose from the bed, and stared directly at his, hints of sadness within my eyes.

"Adam." I replied, timidly. "This is my dream! I thought you'd want this for me!" I snapped. He closed the cold space between us, his hot breath on my neck, quickening.

"You should know your place, Arabella. I'm the man in this relationship, don't you dare argue with me!" He hissed.

"I'm not your possession, Adam! You can't keep sheltering me from the world!" A pit of fury buried in his eyes, his nostils flared. At the corner of my eye I saw his masculine hand twitch as he slowly elevated it. In a blink of an eye, his and whipped around my cheek, the sharp noise echoing in the heat filled room. Grasping my cheek, I fell back onto my wrinkled bed.

"You cannot stop me..." I muttered, under my breath....

Author's note!

Hey! This chapter dealt with a very sensitive topic. If you've at all had any experience with domestic violence, male or female, because men do face these challenges too, speak up. As a community, we learn, we cope, we teach!

Holly Heart 💜