WARMTH

Chapter Ten

I returned to my room after the never-ending shoot, tired and lethargic. Though Valerie's smug, shoulder barge kept re-playing in my head. What was her problem? I never did anything to her...as my mind swarmed with thoughts, I was oblivious to the pinging of my phone.

Adam: Hey girl, you didn't think I would've forgotten you would you? How sad. See you soon, Princess. I'm coming, don't you worry...

P.s you look pretty on the tv.

My heart sank, sank for what seemed like metres down my body. I was having such a rapid time, I had completely forgot about my violent ex I willingly left behind. I started to worry, started to panic. I felt my hands start to clam up and my mouth become numb-I couldn't breathe. I was gasping for air, what was happening?! I crumbled to the floor of the room, panting, as I felt the tears become to roll out one by one. Was this pure anxiety? Or fear? I was paralysed, paralysed until a figure came bursting through my door.

The water in my eyes made my vision blurry, only seeing a silhouette, I just kept crying. However, I knew that voice...

"Arabella! Calm down! What's wrong?!" Cove was deeply concerned, however I could barely focus on his words. Not thinking, and acting out of sadness, I swung my arms round his neck as he came down to join me on the floor. I muzzled my head into his neck, as he ran his hand up and down my back. It was quiet. Only the sound of my sniffling kept the room for silence. He stopped asking questions, and simply just comforted me. We sat together for what seemed like hours, my sobbing had become more of a puppy's weep, it was at that moment, he scooped his right hand under my legs, and the other round my shoulders. He picked me up, bridal style. I curled up into a little ball like a complete child, still muzzling my head into his pectorals. He kept a firm grip on me until he reached me bed. Carefully, he placed my down on the bed, pulling the covers up, keeping me warm.

He kissed me on the head, whilst tucking a messy bit of my head behind me ear. He began to leave the room, before I built up the courage to spit out.

"Stay, please." I pleaded. He seemed shocked but willing. He gently laid a few cushions on the floor, before grabbing a blanket I had lying on my bed. He was such a gentlemen, enough to not take advantage of me, far different from Adam. Far, far different.

Cove's point of view:

I didn't expect it, yet I knew something was wrong. I'd simply went to her dorm to talk about the shoot. When she didn't answer, I got worried. Arabella would always answer, especially after 9:30, when she's got ready for bed. To say sad would be a complete understatement. Heck, heart broken. Instinctively, I ran over to her side, her eyes were red and swollen, her chest bounced up and down rapidly, her tears sprinted down her flustered cheeks- all the while remaining beautiful. Beautiful? God, I'm really falling for this girl.

After I'd asked questions, I began to grow calm, and just sat with her. I had no idea what was wrong, but I know it was enough to hurt her. Arabella was strong, I knew this as every time I looked into her eyes- I saw a warrior. A beautiful warrior with a past of trauma, but didn't care to let it bother her in the slightest. But let me tell you, if someone did this too her...livid wouldn't even describe how I felt.

At that moment, I knew we could sit here all night, and I know the best thing for her right now would be rest. I picked her up, yet she willingly swung her right arm around my neck, granting me permission...

When she asked me to stay, I was truly taken aback, yet I knew she was fragile and I wouldn't want her to be alone like this. I didn't what any gentleman would do, made a bed on the floor, ready in case she should become scared of anything. God was she gorgeous when she rested. Her blonde hair was tossed carelessly across her face and her arms sprawled our above her head. Before I knew it, I dozed off in to a deep sleep...

Author's note:

Oooh! This pair is sure getting close! But what will Valerie think? Find out in the next chapter!!!! X