BE DIFFERENT

Chapter Nine

Woken. By a slither of sunlight, piercing through the curtains. I rubbed my eyes and yawned tiredly. I rolled out of bed only to realise- today was my first shoot. I threw on some clothes and light make up, as I knew I'd probably have to get my hair and make up done at the shoot. But, what did I know? I've never modelled before! Oh god, what if I can't? Before my mind ran off, I received the address of which the shoot would be held. I closed the door and breathed in heavily. This was it.

The venue was lovely. A park, shrouded in baby pink cherry blossom trees, grass of pure green. I was so distracted in the aesthetics of the scene, i didn't realise the cameras began rolling.

"Welcome back to America's next top model..." Tyra began, though I wasn't really listening. I was far to busy, scanning my surroundings, catching a glimpse of Valerie, who snarled back at me. It was like school, freakin' school.

After Tyra's introduction, we were hurried to hair and make up. My hair? French braid from my parting, the rest loosely curled. As I had a lot of hair, it took a while. Hell, it took forever. The dress however, was a plain, simple number, that complemented the background perfectly.

I was just finishing up at hair and make up, getting out of my seat, when I carelessly bumped into someone

I was just finishing up at hair and make up, getting out of my seat, when I carelessly bumped into someone. To my surprise (not) it was Cove, Aka Emerald eyes, aka the one who's slowly stealing my heart.

"You look...lovely." He stated looking down at the floor, blushing violently.

"Oh, thank you." I said, taken by surprise. Our eyes locked with each other as he glanced up, we were both mesmerised. His eyes were pure hypnosis. He began to close the space between us, closing his eyes simultaneously. Our lips were soon to collide, I could feel his breath on mine. This was it. I was about to kiss cove-

"Arabella!" A voice screamed. Great. It was my turn to shoot. Just. My. Luck. I looked down, embarrassed, before shooting him a look of apology. I ran slightly to the opening of the tent, on to the set. The trees, vibrant pink, petals from them surrounding the ground beneath. I strolled onto the designated area, cameras and lights surrounding me. Knowing this will be possibly broadcasted on tv haunted me, but I tried to keep my face neutral.

I began to pose, my god, it must've looked so awkward to the shoot assistant, I could see his face squirming each time I moved to a new position. Eventually, he called me over.

"Hey sweetie, do you know what you're doing?" He whispered, yet he wasn't being mean, just nice.

"Umm, not exactly." I answered. "Any tips?"

"Be you. Be crazy. Be different." He smiled, giving me a slight wink from his left eye. I nodded in approval, and went back to the space. I gathered a few petals from the ground and began to throw them in the air as I laughed. Everyone on shoot, stared at me. I took the assistants advice, and let go of the reigns. I've done it in my journey so far...why stop? I giggled and jump, yet the photographer in front of me kept yelling:

"Yessss! Queeeeen!"

I was loving it, so much. I just felt all the troubles go away, until they finally called cuts, and said they had what they were looking for. Though disappoint, I smiled, because I knew I was context with the photos, because I felt confident.

I began to walk off the set when I briefly glanced over at Valerie, who was now coming to the set, as it was her turn. As she passed, she shoulder barged me, knocking me completely off balance. I steadied myself, hoping not to fall on tv. I looked round as she snarled at me, her big brown eyes staring into my soul. I continued walking into the tent where I began to take off the make up. I sighed in relief, trying to forget the pain in my shoulder. The shoot I just encountered was going to determine me as a finalist, where I'd move into a house with the other ones who've made it. I just hope I make it....

Author's note
Yayyyy! Arabella actually did okay in the shoot! And omg! 100 reads! Thanks so much guyssssssss! Xx

Holly Heart 💜