Chapter 16: My Hidden Talent Is Revealed

Ashely smiled and sat down patting the seat next to her which I took and Asher sat next to me.
She started playing twinkle twinkle little star. She was pretty good at it. With a few stops here and there. I'm guessing trying to remember the notes.
"Wanna see me play" Asher asked.
"Sure".
He started banging on the keys. Once he was done I clapped my hands. Ashely rolled her eyes and booed him.
They started arguing and both of them got off the chair and started pulling each other's hairs.
"HEY! No you guys shouldn't do that. Your siblings and twins. You should stick together not fight" I stated causing  them to stop but start to cry.
Um. I was never good at controlling kids or babysitting. This was like a test. I needed to think fast so they could stop crying.
"Wait do you guys wanna hear me play the piano. You have to stop crying though".
"Okay" Ashely stated clapping her hands sitting down on the floor as Asher followed her lead.
I started playing the piano. I played Clocks By Coldplay a song I had learned the previous year to play. I messed up a key which causes me to have to start all over again and take a deep breath. I shut my eyes and played better remembering the different notes. It way more smoother now.
     I remembered the first day I started learning the piano. I was ten and my mom started to teach me right after my swimming lessons. It had taken me a while to learn more complex songs but over time I got the hang of it.
Once I was finished I heard clapping which surprised me. I turned around to see the four imbeciles and Alexis alongside her husband.
"Mommy I wanna learn the piano like her" Ashely whined.
I smiled.
"Takes years of practice. But your getting there. Who knows when your older you may be even better than me" I replied.
Alexis smiled and picked her little girl up and she giggled and telling her mom how she wanted a pink piano.
"Come on Asher it's time to go".
"I don't wanna leave yet!!!" Asher screamed.
Wow. Asher started crying worse than before. His screams penetrating my ears. His tantrum got even worse and he wanted to throw things. He began to try and pick up my crutches.
"Wait no" I stated getting them from him before he got hurt.
He started screaming even more. His father picked him as he started sniffling taking him out of the room.
"Sorry about that but pleasure meeting you Laura. Enjoy the clothes" Alexis stated walking away saying goodbye to her brother and the others.
"I didn't know you could play princess"Xavier said.
I shrugged my shoulders getting up.
"The more you know I guess" I pushed past them.
Playing that piano made me miss home even more. I really needed my mom seeing Alexis carrying Ashely liked that really made me miss her. My mom was like my best friend. Once I was upstairs I went into my room. I shut the door and let out a big sob.