Chapter 33: Lost

I started hearing beeping. Weird. I was sore. I opened my eyes. The light was a little bright. The walls were white and they were flowers in the corner. I saw a figure sleeping in the corner on a chair. I squinted my eyes to see but I couldn't make out who it was. This was definitely a hospital. My heart started pacing as my palms got more sweaty. There was something in my throat that made it so I couldn't  scream or talk . I started to panic and my breathing quickened. The figure was still on the couch sleeping. A strange noice started going off. Which made my ears hurt. I shut my eyes and in my head  screamed for it to stop. I tried lifting my hands but I couldn't.
   I heard a door being slammed open and people started arguing and I opened my eyes. Several doctors came in and looked at me.
"She's awake. She might be having a panic attack" a young female doctor stated. Her black hair was pulled back and her brown eyes seemed sincere as she smiled at me.
"What's going on" a voice from the corner stated.
"She's awake but I don't understand how you're asleep this is for you to take care of Ryan".
"Sorry I got tired".
"We have to take that tube out of her throat. Please go inform those who are here for her that she's awake" a male doctor stated.
"Alright Laura we have to take the tube out of your mouth. On the count of three I'm going to rip it out and you're going to take a deep breath in. Once the tube is out breathe out. Okay" the female doctor stated.
I did a count down in my head as they counted out loud.
1.....2 get ready.... 3.... deep breath in. It was the worse feeling in the world as the throat was pulled out. Once it out out I felt like puking. I started coughing and I took a deep breath out.
"Alright honey why don't we have you sit up. Do you think you can do that".
I slowly nodded my head as I tried lifting myself up but I couldn't.
"She's still very weak. Help her up Ryan" the female doctor stated as she left and the rest followed.
"She really is a b!tch with a capital B" Ryan said.
I smiled a little. He had light hair that was cut short and had a baby face. He seemed really young.
"She's just to much. 'Honestly you shouldn't be sleeping on the job'. Bish this is a free country".
I hesitated then answered.
"S...h..e is ri...gh..t you shouldn't be sleeping on the job" I croaked.
He smiled.
"I knew I would get a response from you. As your humble nurse it's my duty to make you better and fill you in with gossip".
"Okay" I stated as he helped lift me up and I sat up as four guys bursted through the room.