Chapter One

There was only one man you had ever truly loved. It was the kind of love that made you reckless and blind. And holy hell were you blind.

You ignored the times that he would come to bed late at night after going to a bar, smelling faintly of perfume, assuming it must have been yours on his clothing. You ignored the times you found bruises you knew you didn't leave, assuming they were from a hunt. You ignored the times he'd come home from a "supply run" with tousled hair and disheveled clothing. You ignored the times he would text someone and slightly turn his phone away from you so you couldn't see the screen. You ignored all the signs, because you loved Dean Winchester and wouldn't bring yourself to believe he would cheat on you.

But boy were you wrong.

    You and Dean had been together for eighteen months. The first person who said "I love you" to the other was Dean, which surprised you. He wasn't one for touchy feely stuff or, "chick flick moments" he called them. The two of you were happy, or so you thought.

    It was a Thursday night. Hunts were coming in slow but you enjoyed the short time off. You and Sam were in the library, watching Harry Potter on his laptop and eating a bowl of popcorn. Dean had said he was heading out to a bar and would be back in a few hours. You shrugged it off, believing him.

    The movie was halfway through when you heard a chime from across the room. You peered around the screen to see Dean's phone on a bookshelf. You furrowed your brows at the thought of him leaving his phone but didn't think much of it. You focused back on the movie and relaxed in your seat again.

    The phone went off again, and again, and again. You groaned and got up from your seat. Sam paused the movie and you made your way over to the chiming phone to silence it. You picked it up, planning on turning the ringer off when you noticed the name. It was one you didn't recognize and you raised an eyebrow. You knew it was bad to look through another person's phone, especially your boyfriend's, but you had a weird feeling. You bit your lip and took a deep breath, swiping the message to open it. You felt your heart drop when you read the newest messages.

    "Holy fuck," You breathed. You scrolled through the chain of messages back and forth, feeling your heart break with each word sent. You turned back to Sam with tears in your eyes. He stood up and made his way to you, a worried expression on his face.

    "What happened?" He asked. You handed the phone over silently and Sam took it with a confused expression. He looked down and scrolled through, his eyes darkening and jaw clenching as he read the words. When he finished, he looked up at you with a sympathetic look on his face.

    "Y/N, I'm so sorry," He whispered. A sob escaped your lips and Sam engulfed you in a tight hug. Your tears soaked his shirt but he didn't seem to mind, he just held you as you cried. You entire body ached, but your heart felt like it was shattering.

    "It hurts, Sam." You cried. You shook from the force of your sobs and clung to your best friend. You couldn't fathom a reason as to why Dean would do this to you. You thought he loved you. You thought he was happy. But for the last three months, he had been cheating on you with some blonde bitch.

    When your tears subsided, your sadness was replaced by anger. You grabbed a bottle of whisky and sat in the library, drinking and waiting for your boyfriend to come home.

You weren't sure how long you stayed that way, sitting in silence and sipping the velvety, smoky liquid periodically but the bottle was empty by the time Dean returned.

    The door to the bunker swung open and Dean stumbled in, his hair tousled and lips slightly swollen. You stayed in your position and watched with a blank expression as he made his way down the stairs and into the library. Sam gave you an anxious glance and then looked back at his brother.

    Dean took a seat beside his brother and sighed. He looked up at you and then at Sam, raising an eyebrow at the glares the both of you were sending his way.

    "What?" He asked. Sam looked over at you and your lips twitched. Your fingers curled into a fist as you looked into Dean's jade eyes.

    "Who's Amy?" You asked casually. Dean's eyes widened and his face paled. He visibly gulped and his mouth opened and closed like a fish.

    "Y/N, I can explain," He said.

    "Please," You said gesturing with your hand to continue. "Enlighten me about your mistress." You were calm and speaking softly, which scared Dean. He knew you were angry, and you acting this way made what was coming even worse.

    "Look, I know you're angry. You have every right to be," He said.

    "Where were you tonight?" You asked. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat and you looked over at Sam who had his eyes fixated on his brother.

    "I'm so sorry, Y/N/N," Dean whispered. Your stomach churned at his words and your breath hitched in your throat. You nodded and clicked your tongue. You stood up from the table and both men looked up at you.

    "That's all I needed to know." You spun on your heel and made your way to the room you shared with Dean. You heard the scraping sound of a chair against the floor and your name being called but you ignored it.

    You bent down and grabbed your duffel bag from under the bed. You heard Dean come into the room behind you but you ignored him. Instead, you shoved as many clothes as you could into the bag.

    "Y/N, please, let's talk about this." Dean moved to stand beside you. He grabbed your arm but you yanked it out of his grasp.

    "Don't," You said. You moved around the room, packing anything you'd need. You couldn't be here any longer, knowing the man you loved went out and shared another woman's bed. You couldn't bear to look at him, the man who broke your heart.

    "Was I not good enough for you? Did you become bored of me? Did I do something wrong?" You asked suddenly turning to Dean. He looked flustered.

"No, I love you, Y/N." He said. "I'm so sorry. Please, let's talk. I can't lose you. Please, baby. I love-"

    "If you loved me, you wouldn't have fucked another woman," You hissed. A tear escaped your eye and you didn't bother to wipe it away.

    You made your way back to the library and immediately went over to Sam. You wrapped your arms around him and he did the same.

    "Stay safe, Sammy," You murmured.

    "You too, Y/N." He pulled back and you saw he had a few tears as well. You turned back to face Dean, whose face was broken and pleading.

    "Please, Y/N/N. Please don't leave," He said. You shook your head and scoffed.

    "Really?" You said bitterly. "I'm not going to stay with a man who's unfaithful. Once a cheater, always a cheater."

    You made your way to the stairs and grabbed your jacket. You looked back at the brothers. "Bye, boys."

    You stomped up the stairs and threw open the door. You didn't know where you were going to go but you didn't care. You just drove, trying your best to focus on the road as tears clouded your vision. Your sobs filled the car's silence and you gripped the steering wheel until your knuckles were white and burning. As you drove away, you felt a piece of your heart being left behind, knowing you were never going to get that piece back. But you wouldn't risk being hurt again. He did the thing that hurt you more than any monster ever did, he broke your heart. And you vowed you never would have it broken again.