Chapter Three

Could this day be get any worse?

You had gone to sleep the night before after a few beers and a few episodes of The 100 and slept horribly. Not only were your dreams plagued with nightmares, but you had a twisting feeling in the pit of your stomach. You were anxious for your night out with Dean and it took a toll on your entire day.

You had gone to work with three hours of sleep behind you and a nagging feeling in the back of your mind that you forgot something. Not only did you spill a cup of coffee all over your clothes, you also slipped on that said spilled coffee and hit your temple on the corner of a table, resulting in a nasty looking red and purple bruise.

When you had gotten home, you realized what you had forgotten; Beau. You forgot to take him out that morning and you were greeted with a pile of crap in your kitchen. Fan-fucking-tastic.

So on top of all the shit that happened during the day, now you had to worry about going out with Dean freaking Winchester. But to be honest, you were kinda looking forward to it. There was alcohol involved. And you desperately needed some.

    So now here you were, tapping your chin in thought as you stare at the outfits laid out on your bed. You had spent the last thirty minutes looking through your clothes, trying to find something decent to wear, not too flashy but not too casual.

    You had roughly forty-five minutes until Dean was due to pick you up and you weren't ready whatsoever. You had spent most of the day contemplating even going and the rest of the day mentally kicking yourself. Why had you said yes? This man practically ripped your heart from your chest and stomped on it, and now you were going for a drink with him? Freaking dumbass!

    With a few choice words muttered, you snatched up the outfit consisting of ripped black jeans, a gray metallica shirt and a jean jacket. You decided it was good enough after a peek in the mirror and moved on to the next task; hair and makeup.

    You pulled your hair out of its ponytail and shook it so it hung in waves around your shoulders. You applied light makeup, just a bit of mascara, eyeliner and crimson lipstick. You also did your best to cover up the bruise on the side of your head, making it somewhat hidden. You looked good, you had to admit. So you took a deep breath and made your way into your living room to wait for the bastard to show up.

--------------------

You were on your couch, unconsciously scratching behind Beau's ears when there was a knock on your door. Beau's ears perked up and he bounded off the couch and towards the door.

    You followed behind, taking a deep breath to settle your nerves. You opened the door and felt your heartbeat pick up in your chest.

    Dean stood there, his jade eyes twinkling and a wide smile on his face. He wore the red shirt you loved on him so much and dark jeans.

    "Hey," He said. His eyes looked you up and down and then landed back on your face. "You look beautiful."

    You rolled your eyes at his comment but couldn't help the small smile that ghosted your lips. You closed the door behind you and Dean placed his hand on the small of your back to guide you outside.

    "What happened there?" Dean asked touching the side of your head gingerly. You winced at the contact on the tender spot. You sighed and clicked your tongue.

    "I slipped during work and hit my head on a table," You answered. Dean tried his best to hold back his laughter but failed.

    "You were always a clutz." He chuckled. You slapped his arm playfully, resulting in another laugh.