Chapter Two

"Mr. Jackson, if you keep eating these things the way you do, we're gonna run out before ten!" You laughed as you placed a plate of chocolate frosted donuts in front of the old man. He looked up at you with gray eyes and a wide smile.

"I can't help it, doll. When you're my age, you enjoy every treat while you can." He took a bite of the pastry and you shook your head smiling.

"Holler if you need anything else, Mr. Jackson," You said. You turned around and made your way back behind the counter and to the pots of steaming coffee. Picking one up, you made your rounds and topped the nearly empty cups in the small cafe.

It's been about nine months since you started working in the little mom and pop cafe in the small town of Aquia View, Virginia. The town population was a little less than seven thousand people, making it quiet and peaceful. It was the kind of town where everyone knew everyone. Everyday you were greeted by friendly faces and smiling people. You passed neighbors on your way to work and they greeted you by name. You loved where you lived and where you worked.

You hadn't fully given up hunting. You would keep your eyes peeled for any supernatural activity in your town or right outside of it and would occasionally take hunts around the state. You would still have the need to kill some evil sons of bitches and keep people safe. No one in town knew of your "hobby" or your past and you liked it that way.

You lived on your own with the exception of your grey Tamaskan dog, Beau. You had rescued Beau when he was just a puppy, about three weeks after your departure from the bunker. You immediately fell in love with the wolf like pup and he fell in love with you. He was an incredible protector and snuggle bug. He could be fierce when needed and a love anytime else. You had taken him on a few hunts, and he was excellent as back up.

You put the coffee pot back in its place and leaned against the counter. All of your tables were taken care of and you had nothing else to do. Business was slow on that Wednesday morning, other than the regulars that were there every day, and you found yourself bored.

"Don't talk to me like that!" A familiar soprano voice said. You looked over when you heard the bell above the door jingle and your coworker and closest friend, Jane Montgomery walked in with her boyfriend, Adam Kelley on her heels.

"Why not? You talk to me like this all the time!" Adam said. Jane let out a frustrated groan and ran a hand through her chestnut locks.

"Can you go? I need to get to work." Jane turned to face him and put her hands on her hips.

"I'm not done speaking to you," Adam said.

"I don't care," Jane said. "Out." She pointed to the door. Adam rolled his eyes and turned with his shoulders slumped to the door. Once he was out of sight, she turned to you and gave you an exasperated look.

"The hell was that about?" You asked. Jane tied her apron around her waist and shook her head.

"He's talking about kids. Kids, Y/N. Like, I'm not ready for that! He hasn't even proposed and he's talking about kids," She groaned. You chuckled and patted her arm.

"He's smitten with you," You said smiling. "He follows you around like a lost puppy."

"Yeah, well. If he's so smitten, he should put a ring on it." She grumbled. You laughed at that and turned back to the coffee pots to make a fresh batch of the bitter tasting drink.

You were scooping the beans into the grinder when the bells above the door jingled. You ignored it and Jane gasped.

"Holy shit, Y/N." She smacked your arm. "Hotties, five o'clock."