Chapter two |Candy or Alcohol?|

Dustin came home that afternoon with leaves sticking out of his hair. When Harper had noticed, a frown crossed her features. She was half ready for Tina's party. She had the strapless black shirt and long, skin-tight, high waisted black pants on and was half-way through curling her hair when Dustin walked into the bathroom.

"What happened to you?" She asked, watching as he picked the dead leaves from his hair.

"The guy you met a few days ago almost ran me Lucas and mike over. We had to curve off the road and I fell off my bike." Harper's jaw dropped and her eyes lit with fury.

"You're joking, right?" She questioned, causing him to casually shake his head,

"No, I think max stopped him though." He told his elder sister. There was one more leaf that he could see, so when he picked that out, he went to walk out of the bathroom. Harper grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back in front of the mirror.

"You missed a few." She stated, picking out the ones that he couldn't see, "I'll give that asshole a piece of my mind tonight." She told Dustin,

"Don't worry about it, we're still alive." He shrugged, causing Harper to sigh.

"No one messes with my little brother- or his friends- and gets away with it. I'll beat the shit out of anyone who tries to hurt you." Dustin laughed, causing Harper to roll her eyes with a smile, "I'm serious!"

"You couldn't hurt a fly!" Dustin exclaimed,

"You remember that boy that used to pick on you? The one that was so much nastier than the others?" Dustin nodded, "You remember how one day he came to school with a broken nose and never spoke to you again?" He nodded once more. Harper gave him a look, which caused a light to go off in his mind,

"That was you!" She nodded with a laugh,

"No one messes with my brother. No scat, I have to finish getting ready." With that, she shooed him out of the bathroom and continued getting ready.

|||||||

They had been there for a total of half an hour and Harper already wanted to leave. She had brought her own bottle of rum, but someone had snatched it from her earlier on and she had yet to find the culprit.

Harper was leaning against one of the walls, not too enticed to dance with the crowd. She'd left Steve and Nancy almost fifteen minutes ago, Harper could sense a tension in the air and she didn't want to be there if they had a fight. So there she stood, sober and bored, watching as masses of drunk teenagers danced in a clumped mess of sweat and sexual tension.

"This is a party. You're supposed to be drinking and y'know, partying." A deep voice shouted from her left. Harper barley heard him over the music, but when she turned to face him, she glared. Her glare was met with his pretentious smirk. Standing close behind him was Tommy H. An idiot Harper would rather not deal with. "Is there a problem, babe?" He asked, light another cigarette and placing it between his lips,

"Yes, there is. Next time you try to kill my brother I'll beat the shit out of you!" Harper knew her words were empty, she was absolutely nowhere near as strong as Billy. The blonde man laughed, as did Tommy. Harper crossed her arms over her chest and began to walk off, only to be stopped when Billy grabbed her shoulder. When she was forced to turned back to him, he held out the cigarette to her, which she took.

Harper put the stick to her lips and took a long drag from it. She as she exhaled, her eyes landed on a red solo cup that Tommy had held out to her.

"What's in it?" She questioned, taking the cup from him,

"Pure fuel, baby." It was Billy that answered. Harper looked at the drink for a second, before being the cup to her lips. Whoever had made the drink had no idea what they were doing. Which it should have been punch, it tasted more like a mix of vodka and rum with a quarter of actual punch. She downed it anyway. When she way done, she took another drag from the smoke and began to walk off.

As soon as she was gone, Tommy smirked and walked in front of Billy. Tommy earlier had explained how Harper would probably be his biggest challenge at the school. Most girls adored him and all it took was for him to so much as smirk in their direction and they'd fall for it.

Harper however, was the complete opposite. And add the fact that he'd almost ran over her brother, Billy knew he had the disadvantage, but that wasn't going to stop him.

"Good luck man." Tommy gave him a pat on the shoulder before walking off into the crowd.

Steve had been watching the whole scenario. He knew Harper was stubborn, but he couldn't help but worry. Over the last year they had become close, she would come to him about issues and vice versa, it was like having a sibling that he could talk to.

When Billy looked over to him, the blonde smirked, knowing he was watching. Billy now had more than one incentive. Steve cared about Harper, and obviously it would break him if Billy hurt her.

So, he followed Harper through the crowd and out to the back. Multiple kegs of beer were littered around the yard, so she chose one and filled her cup. When she turned around, Harper ran into his bare chest, spilling some of her drink in his already sticky, glistening skin.

"Why do you stand so close behind me? Can't you see I'm filling up a cup?" She stated, watching as Billy took a small step back. He hadn't stopped smirking and his eyes hadn't left her body.

"What can I say? Being near you is intoxicating." Harper rolled her eyes,

"That's the keg stand you did talking." Harper took a gulp of the beer and flicked the cigarette butt onto the ground before stepping in the still lit end.

"Maybe." He replied. The beer definitely had set in, but Billy had done this so much that he knew how to control himself. He gave Harper another one of his signature smirks, and watched as she rolled her eyes, amused, and finished the now half-empty cup of beer.

"Look this chat was nice and all, but I'm going to find my friends." She stated, moving to push past Billy. When he held his hand up and stood in her way, Harper crossed her hands over her chest, "Yes?"

"They actually left about five minutes ago. I watched Steve storm out and not long after his girlfriend left with the freak." Harper's eyes widened, and she pushed past Billy. As quick as she could, she pushed her way into the house and through the crowd of dancing strangers and out to the front yard.

Billy was right, Steve's car was nowhere in sight, nor did she see Jonathan's, but she had no idea he was even there. Harper groaned, Steve was her ride home, and now she would have to walk. Her house was on the other side of town, which meant it would take about an hour to walk from where she was.

"I'll give you a ride home." Billy's voice spoke up from behind her. Harper spun on her heel with a raised brow,

"You've been drinking. I'd rather walk." Billy laughed, and shook his head,

"I've done it many times before, babe." He replied confidently. Harper was hesitant, but she agreed to let him take her home. Her head had began to feel light, and the alcohol she'd consumed was starting to affect her.

The pair weren't ready to leave just yet, so both made their way back into the house and within the next hour, Harper had so much to drink she'd lost count. All she knew was that she no longer could stand up on her own, and her top kept slipping down.

The latter was easily fixed, she just zipped up her jacket, well, someone zipped it up for her. But by the time they left, she was leaning against Billy as they walked back to his car. He helped Harper into the passenger seat, and walked over to the other side. Billy hadn't had much since he'd offered to take Harper home. But he was still very much intoxicated. Harper mumbled her address to him, and they were off.

"I know what you want. And you aren't getting it." Harper slurred, causing Billy to look over at her with an amusing expression,

"And what would that be?" He queried, already knowing the answer.

"You want to sleep with me." She stated, still slurring her words.

"That's only partly right, babe." He said, chuckling to himself. Billy wanted to destroy her. To break her down so he could build her back up. He knew Harper was the key to Steve. She was one of his weaknesses, one that Billy could get to. It would just take time, but he knew that the more he pushed Harper and the more her spent time on her, the more she'll come out from behind her walls.

It was just a matter of time.