Chapter ten |How Bad Does it Look? |

A groan escaped Harper's lips when she woke up. As her eyes opened, her vision was blurred. When she came to, she saw that she was in Steve's arms.

"Steve?" She groaned, causing his eyes to snap down to her,

"Harper!" He exclaimed. Harper put an arm around the back of Steve's neck, and began to put her legs on the ground. Once Steve let her legs go, Harper attempted to stand, only a sharp pain shot up her back.

"Oh my god! Harper!" Harper's eyes snapped over to Nancy, who was now standing in front of her,

"What happened?" Jonathan added. Before she could answer, a loud screech came from the laboratory off to their right.

"I'll tell you later." She said. They agreed, deciding it would be better to ask questions later. With that, they all walked over to the closed gate. Steve put Harper on the bonnet of the car. As soon as his arm left her back, Harper could see the blood that it was covered in.

While Jonathan tried to open the gate, Dustin began to grow I patient and went in there, pushing the teenager out of the way,

"I don't think it's a good idea for you to come in, Harper." Steve said, standing next to her. Harper nodded, she knew she couldn't go in.

"If Dustin goes in, so do I. I'm not going to lose him." Harper stated, causing Steve to sigh. As they were talking, the gate began to open, causing them all to turn to it. 

Jonathan rushed out, and opened the door to his car, Nancy quickly ran around to the passenger side and Steve helped Harper move.

"We'll be back soon, okay? Just wait here!" Before any of them could argue, they were off.

Ten minutes went by before they could hear the cars returning. In that time, Harper had drifted in an out of consciousness. She couldn't even support her own weight, which meant she'd been leaning on Steve's side while Dustin stood next to her. Dustin was beyond concerned for his sister, as was Steve and neither could do anything about it.

As the cars came through the gate, Lucas and max rushed off the road and Jonathan drove past. Hopper was right behind them, stopping as he reached the group.

"Let's go!" He exclaimed. Steve ran and opened the door for the three younger teenagers, who all ran to the car quickly. He then quickly went and picked up Harper, who was cried out in pain as he picked her up. Steve didn't bother putting her in the back with the others. As soon as he was in the car, they were off.

|||||||

Hopper, mike, Jonathan and Joyce were out in the shed with will, they'd managed to get him to contact them through Morse code. Max, Lucas, Dustin, Nancy, Steve and Harper were stuck inside. While max, Lucas, Dustin and Nancy were working out the code, Steve was helping Harper clean and dress her back.

They'd just managed to remove her shirt, which wasn't easy. It stuck to her wounds as the blood began to dry and now it was painfully slow to remove them.

As soon as it was off, along with her jacket, Steve grabbed a cloth and dampened it. He wrung the excess water out and applied the warm, white cloth to her back.

Harper sharply I took a deep breath, attempting to to cry out in pain. Her hands clutched the sink as Steve continued to gently clean her back.

"How bad does it look?" She asked.

"You're going to need stitches." He grimaced, causing Harper to sigh. For now, all they could do was clean it and wrap her up.

Once they were done, Harper could barley move her waist. It didn't matter though, she'd saved her brother's life and that's what she was so worried about.

"Hey, thanks for helping us." Harper started, turning to Steve, "We probably wouldn't have survived without you." She told him.

"I'd do anything for you, Harper. You're like a sister. An annoying, younger sister that doesn't listen to anything you say." The pair chuckled, and Harper shook her head,

"Like a female Dustin." She stated, shaking her head slightly. Steve handed her a shirt,

"Jonathan said you could have this. You're small enough to fit into it." Steve was right. The shirt was two times bigger than her, but comfortable enough. She tucked it in as much as she could, but she couldn't move her hands to her back, so Steve did it for her.

"Thank you." She mumbled. Once they were done, the pair walked out to join the other.

When they walked in, the phone began ringing, drawing their attention to it.

"Shit! Shit!" Dustin exclaimed as he ran over to it, taking the phone off the handle to stop the ringing before hanging it up. Nancy was at his side, and everyone sighed, but it rang again, this time Nancy took the whole thing off the wall and smashed it on the ground, making sure it wouldn't ring again.

"Do you think he heard that?" Max asked,

"It's just a phone, it could be anywhere, right?" Steve asked. Oh how terribly wrong they were.

Within five minutes they heard a loud screech from the distance, making them all walk into the lounge room.

"That's not good..." Harper said, her voice drifting off. They knew where they were. They were rejoined by Joyce, mike and Jonathan, who had brought his brother back inside.

Dustin, mike, Lucas and max were on the couch, peering outside when Hopper came back inside with two guns,

"Hey! Get away from the windows!" He exclaimed, causing the group to move back. "Do you know how to use this?" He turned around and asked Jonathan,

"What?"

"Can you use this?" He asked again, more urgently,

"I can." Nancy spoke up. Hopper threw the gun to her and Steve moved between the pair. Harper was on the other side of Nancy, she miraculously still had the knife which she held up in front of her. They had their weapons pointed towards the window,

"Where are they?" Max questioned, obviously scared. Silence passes over them for just a second before they heard the creatures. Everyone jumped, and turned to the window to their right,

"What are they doing?" Nancy asked, but her question went unanswered. No one knew what they were doing. They heard the demogorgons at the window in front of them again, causing them all to jump and turn to it.

There was a ruckus outside, a mix of groans and screeches from the beats. It didn't put any of them to ease. It was a abrupt when the screeches stopped, and over the next few seconds they didn't hear a thing.

Suddenly, glass was flying everywhere as the body of the creature shot through the window, limp when it His the ground. The group let out a collective scream, and moved from the room, weapons still pointed at the monster.

It took them a moment to realise it was dead, but as they did, they moved forward, with their weapons still pointed at it.

"Holy shit."

"Is it dead?" Max asked. Hopper moved closer, moving the limp body with his foot. Everyone was sure it was dead. But what killed it?

The door creaked, causing them to turn to it. Nancy and hopper kept their guns pointed towards the door as the locks began to flick and unlock. What felt like hours was really seconds and the person who walked through that door was someone they all thought was gone.

It was eleven.