Chapter twelve | The Hell is This? |

"Man, were you dropped too much as a child, or what?" He questioned. Billy let out a small laugh, and licked his lips, a habit Harper had noticed when she met him, "I don't know what you don't understand about what we just said. She's not here" Billy moved closer and point his cigarette behind them,

"Then who is that?" He questioned, causing both Harper and Steve to turn around. All four kids sat at the window watching them. As soon as they turned around, they scattered. Harper was furious. How could they be so stupid?

"Oh, shit. Listen-" Billy pushed Steve to the ground with ease and walked over to him, "I told you to plant your feet." He then proceeded to stamp Steve in the stomach, causing Harper to gasp and run over to them,

"Billy, please-"

"You had your chance, babe." He stated, pushing Harper back. Before she could fall, she caught her balance, and rushed over to Steve,

"Go stop him!" He exclaimed, still catching his breath. Harper only nodded, and rushed back into the house as fast as she could. When she did, the kids were screaming at billy, and they were watching him as he held Lucas off the ground in the kitchen. Harper ran past them, just in time to see Lucas knee Billy in the balls.

The only thing that achieved was making Billy angrier, and getting him off of Lucas. As soon as Billy was off of Lucas, Harper ran between the pair, instantly hiding Lucas behind her as Billy stood up straight again, letting out a small groan,

"You are so dead, Sinclair! You're dead." He exclaimed, moving towards Harper and Lucas, who was holding onto the brunette's shoulders. Harper couldn't do anything as Billy grabbed ahold of her wrist, and pulled her out of the way.

The amount of force Billy used was enough to throw her to the floor. Pain rippled through her back like a wave. Harper yet out a yelp as she hit the cold ground. She was sure she was bleeding again.

"No. You are!" Harper heard. Harper tried to look up, when she did, she saw Steve punch Billy. Billy, once again groaned, but let out a manic laugh seconds later. Harper used her arms to push herself back against the wall, trying to bring her body up so she could try and stop what was inevitable, but she wasn't fast enough.

"Looks like you got some fire in you after all, huh?" Billy exclaimed, "I've been waiting to meet this King Steve everybody's been telling me so much about." Billy moved closer to Steve, who's eyes flickered to Harper before they became a harsh glare that he shot at Billy.

"Get out." He commanded, pushing Billy back slightly. Billy stood there for a moment, he turned to look at Harper, noticing the fear and anguish. He didn't know if he caused it and he almost listened to Steve. Almost.

Billy sent a punch flying towards the other male, who ducked and returned the punch, successfully hitting his face. Billy stumbled back, turning to use the table behind him to keep him up.

"Yes! Kick his ass, Steve!" Dustin encouraged,

"Get him!" Mike added. Billy was laughing, and it scared Harper, more than anything she'd seen tonight. Steve punched him again, and this time, Billy's body turned to face her,

"Murder the son of a bitch!" She heard her brother yell. Steve punched him once again and again and again until Billy was at the kitchen sink. Harper watched him grab a plate, causing her eyes to widen,

"Billy!" She yelled, but it was too late. The plate had been smashed over Steve's head. Steve stumbled backwards, but he didn't have any time to recover before Billy stormed over to him and punched him.

Harper began pushing herself up, she didn't care about the pain, she had to stop them. Steve was now in the lounge room, and Billy was right behind him. Seconds later, Billy was holding Steve, forcing Steve to look at him,

"No one tells me what to do." He head butted Steve with a grunt, sending the boy flying to the ground. "Get up!" He yelled,, only Steve didn't. Billy forced Steve onto his back and pinned him to the ground.

His bloody fist was on the air when Harper stumbled into the lounge room and she watched in horror as he brought in down over and over and over.

Screams left Billy's mouth as he continued his assault. It was then Harper realised, Billy wasn't going to stop until Steve was dead. No matter how much mike or Dustin or Lucas or even max screamed at him. So she did the only thing she knew would work.

She was going to interfere. Harper ran forward, and grabbed ahold of his bloodied fist as it was up in the air, but it was as if he didn't notice, not until she was screaming at him,

"Billy! Please, stop! You're killing him!" Her voice broke as tears pooled in her eyes, but when he looked up at her, it was as if he almost didn't recognise her. Before he could land another punch, Max had walked over to them as Harper distracted Billy, and plunged a syringe into his neck. It was one that they used to keep will unconscious.

A grunt escaped Billy's lips and he grasped onto Harper's arm. He stood, turning to look over at the culprit. When he saw Max, he stood there and turned to look at Harper before pulling the syringe out of his neck.

"The hell is this?" He questioned, going to move forward, only, he ended up stumbling "You little shit, what did you do?" He questioned once again, only this time, he began swaying and before long, he could no longer hold up his own body, causing him to fall back.

"Shit." Mike mumbled, watching as Billy laid on the ground, laughing. Harper could only watch as max grabbed Steve's bat, and held it up to her brother,

"From here on out, you leave me and my friends alone. Understand?" Her voice was low and threatening,

"Screw You." Billy replied, causing Max to bring the bat back and forcefully swing it into the ground between Billy's legs. Billy looked at how close the bat was to him, and even Harper jumped,

"Say you understand! Say it! Say it!" She screamed in anger,

"I understand." Billy mumbled,

"What?" She wanted him to be louder, Harper knew max had heard Billy,

"I understand." He said, in the same mumble. Billy wouldn't be awake for much longer, Harper knew that. As soon as he said that, he did fall unconscious, as she thought he would. And as he did, max lowered the bat, and walked over to his side. She bent down and grabbed the keys from his pocket, holding it up to the group.

"Let's get out of here." She said to them. All of them nodded, except for Harper. She wasn't going anywhere, not with the large, bleeding gashes in her back.