#1 Taking The Plunge

The coral radiant walls, the hue-complementing furniture, all suddenly seemed to have concentrated around her. The average sized, 12 by 16, living room suddenly seemed to have shrunk. She couldn't breathe. She gasped for air.

The air conditioning seemed to have stopped. Sweat beads made her skin glisten, as if she were being roasted up inside a furnace. She felt the heat. She felt her head going berserk. She felt the scary tightening of her chest. Again!

She knew it wasn't going to be an easy walk down the banks - down the petrifying banks of her past. Her monstrous memories must be ready to pounce on her, waiting to devour on her, flesh by flesh. She held on to the sides of her minions pyjama, one that she never got enough of. She clenched her fists and tried to regain herself. She didn't want to go through this. She didn't want to go back there, where her shattered pieces of heart still remained scattered, lying there, unwanted and unattended. A chill ran down her spine.

To normal senses, maybe this wouldn't have been scary as she took it to be. Maybe, just maybe she was the one who was over-thinking. Maybe she could just get it all out and be over with it, as fast as possible. Like reading a book in those book reading sessions. She could just read the flashbacks dancing before her eyes, memory by memory, at one go. That way she wouldn't have to feel it, feel anything at all. That way she wouldn't have to wait for judgements. She wouldn't stop, maybe to catch her breath, once or twice. And maybe to recall the vivid details here and there. Easy. Huh.

She choked again. Maybe it wasn't as easy, as she wanted it to be. Maybe she hadn't yet learnt to dive into her sorrows and swim back up, whenever she pleases. Maybe she hadn't yet learnt to swim efficiently. She needed air. Fresh, untainted air.

She closed her eyes and tried to take a deep breath. A deep fulfilling breath. Maybe she needed this. Maybe she needed to get back there, to pick up her pieces and bring them back so she could make herself whole again. But will she ever be? Whole again? She doubted. But that shouldn't stop her from trying. She wanted to do this. She wanted to take the plunge back into her past. She wanted to be able to dive in and rise up from her brokenness, as smoothly as she would have from her cherishment.

She opened her eyes, took a deep breath again and dived in.

                           Author's Note

**Hello dear reader. Thank you for reading this far. I hope you are liking the progress. Also, is it easy for you to walk down the memory lane of your devilish past and not feel the chills? Do you also get all jittery when you have to go back there? Are you over it now? How did you overcome it? Leave your feedback below, let's talk. Next part will be up soon. Also, have a goodie good day!**