Chapter 2: Meeting The Number One

CHAPTER 2: MEETING THE NUMBER ONE

"Talking"

"SHOUTING"

'Thinking'

"Deep Voice / Demonic Voice"

Place / Time ]

- § - § - § -

A.N.: WARNING: for the purposes of the story, Izuku will be one year older than the canon. This chapter will explain why he will still be in the same generation as Bakugo and the others.

- § - § - § -

"Ohi~! Izuku! Wake up! Time to go to school!"

After a low groan, two tired green eyes opened in the now lost quiet of the room, looking at the ceiling for several seconds. Although reluctantly, Izuku pushed back the blanket and put his feet on the floor, trying to wake up with light pats on the cheeks while also showing his naked torso and well-defined muscles gained in recent years.

At the age of fifteen, almost sixteen, Izuku was a boy definitely tall for his age, reaching almost a meter and seventy-five, with a physique that many girls would have surely defined as ripped. Walking towards the window, he stopped just to raise the shutters, groaning again as soon as the sun blinded him momentarily but, once he took a shirt resting on the back of the chair in his room, he walked towards the kitchen.

Walking down the stairs, he took a quick look at the pictures hanging on the wall, all of them showing Izuku during his growth and the man who had been taking care of him for almost twelve years, Johnny Blaze. The older man had become a set of figures for Izuku, assuming the role of guardian but also of father, friend and older brother all for the sake of his protege and for that, Izuku was more than grateful.

"Well well, look who decided to come out of the grave." said a mocking male voice as soon as he set foot in the kitchen "Spent another night in the throes of your heartburns? Or did you spend the night going around on your motorcycle? Again."

Izuku snorted at that before taking a cup and filling it with coffee, then sitting at the table with Johnny. The heartburns were a joking definition used between them to indicate a part of Izuku's Quirk that, even after twelve years, did not have a name yet nor did they know all its effects.

Days after losing his mother, Izuku had begun to experience severe pains in his chest during different times of the day, as if something were burning inside him, but at night the pains became even stronger. No doctor had been able to discover the origins of those pains or a way to suppress them and, as the days went by, the pains had become stronger and stronger, leading Izuku to develop a strong pain tolerance. After almost a full year, the pains did not hurt him as before, but they led him to spend many sleepless nights. That had led Johnny to remove Izuku from the kindergarten for a whole year so as to be sure of his health and, consequently, Izuku had found himself in the same class as Katsuki Bakugo, a child who had made fun of him several times due to his lack of Quirk.

During their second year together they had discovered another aspect of his Quirk, namely the possibility of melting things, especially metal objects. Johnny still had nightmares about it since the first thing Izuku had melted was the muffler of an all original 1957 Harley-Davidson Sportster. The desperate scream of the man had been heard throughout the city and Izuku had had a panic attack in seeing his guardian on the ground with white eyes and foam coming out of his mouth. Although, thinking back to the episode, now Izuku could not help but chuckle.

For another two years, they had not discovered anything new about his Quirk but one evening, during a dinner with the newly promoted detective Naomasa Tsukauchi, who had become a family friend, they had come to the conclusion that, whenever Izuku felt those heartburns, a villain was at work somewhere. None of them knew how to explain it but apparently Izuku knew about it when someone was committing illegal actions, albeit in a somewhat painful way.