Chapter 3: Memories & Dreams

"Talking"

"SHOUTING"

'Thinking'

"Deep Voice / Demonic Voice"

Place / Time ]

- § - § - § -

A.N.: WARNING: Izuku will be a year older than the Izuku of the manga/anime.

- § - § - § -

An unreal silence reigned in the street as the sunlight was fading more and more. All Might stood still with the sun behind him, his eyes wide open as his mind tried to process the words just heard. In front of him, Izuku did not look away, having already said what he wanted to say. Looking away would have seemed an action worthy of someone who only knows how to speak and not act.

"You do not want to become a hero?" repeated All Might thinking he hadn't heard correctly but, seeing Izuku nod, he knew he had heard all too well "Is it because you are Quirkless?"

"Actually I'm not Quirkless." said Izuku confusing him "True, when I was four years old I went to a doctor to see if I could know what my Quirk was, but he told me that I belonged to that slice of people born without a Quirk. On the same day I also learned about my mother's cancer." seeing the confusion still present on All Might's face, he added "You have revealed to me your secret, albeit not voluntarily, so I'd like to return the favor somehow. It's a complicated story, would you like to hear it?"

Seeing the seriousness of his gaze, All Might nodded "If, despite your desire to help, you have decided not to want to become a hero, it must be one Hell of a story."

'More than you think...' thought Izuku before calling Johnny with his cell phone, warning him that he would be late and that he could have dinner without him. After the call was over, Izuku led All Might for a few minutes in the residential area until they arrived at an old abandoned building site, where there were still several scaffolding and machinery. Izuku went to lean against an iron beam, while All Might sat down on a pile of cement bags, nodding his head "I'm all ears, kid."

"I would say it would be right to start from the beginning when my mother miraculously managed to defeat the cancer." said Izuku folding his arms over the chest "I do not know what data you were able to recover from the medical device that my mom used, but I do not think that, even if you were able to recover her body, someone would be able to create a cure."

"Why? Yes, many doctors and scientists are still working on the cure using all that they can but..."

"My mom did not defeat the cancer, not alone at least. Someone healed her within a night." said Izuku shocking the pro-hero.

"How can you be so sure about that?" asked All Might "No Quirk used to cure has ever managed to cancel the effects of cancer."

"When that doctor told me that I was Quirkless, my mother asked me to wait outside the room because she had to speak privately with him. It was at that moment that I met a man dressed elegantly." explained Izuku looking at the sky "I do not know why, but I told him my problem and that I would never be able to become a hero. Imagine my surprise when he told me that not all Quirks were inherited through the genetic code but that there were several Quirks that could be passed from person to person or that some Quirks could even create new Quirks and transmit them."

Again, All might was shocked. Of course, he knew of the existence of the Quirks that might have passed from one person to another, he himself owned one, but what shocked him was that people outside a restricted circle knew about this information.