chapter three.

A worried Hershel came bursting out of the house, practically shoving everyone out of the way.

"We had a deal! No guns!" Hershel snapped at Rick.

Rick sighed, letting him know that he was the one at fault. Andrea confessed that it was her that shot Alicia.

"I can't deal with this right now." Hershel furiously asked her to leave and would later discuss her reckless actions.

--

Alicia woke up disoriented and saw a small blurry image leaning against her bed. "Zoey?" She questioned in confusion.

The image became apparent, and it wasn't Zoey in front of her, and it was Rick's boy, Carl. She sat up uncomfortably and grinned at the sight of the young boy.

Lori ran into the room, panicked but relieved that she found Carl. "Honey, how many times do I have to tell you to stay where I can see you?" Lori spat.

He explained to his mother that he wanted to be there when Alicia woke up. Like she did when he recovered from his gunshot.

"It's okay," Alicia whimpered as she sat up against the bed. Lori awkwardly smiled.

"Do you want me to get your father?" Lori questioned, watching Alicia suffer in pain.

"I'll be okay." Alicia slightly nodded. 

Lori excused herself and Carl out of the room.

Alicia struggled to lean over and reach the lower dresser drawer. She completely turned over and saw the Tylenol in the second drawer. As she went for it and forcefully opened the old drawer, she saw a small piece of pink paper in the shape of a heart.

Sad memories of Zoey began to flow through her head, and she let out a single tear. She trembled before opening up the card.

The card read,

"Happy birthday, Mom! Thank you for always taking care of me. Love you to the moon and back. - Zoey."

Alicia broke down. Her cries became noiseless as she held the old card close to her chest before she heard the creaking sound of someone walking through the door.

"Hey, did I catch you at a bad time?" Rick awkwardly asked, stretching his arm behind his head, lightly scratching his neck.

Alicia wiped her face with a small piece of the towel before visibly shaking her head 'no.' She gestured Rick to sit beside her in an old beaten-up chair.

Rick sat down in the chair next to her, feeling uneasy. "I'm sorry about all this," He confessed.

"I'll talk to him," Alicia quickly snapped back, not letting Rick continue.

Rick gave her a confused look.

"You wanted me to talk to my father, right? That's why you came in here?" Alicia asked.

Rick paused before shaking his head, acting as if he knew. He slowly walked out of the room before glancing back at her and immediately looking directly at the ground when their eyes met.

a/n:
this chapter is short. sorry :( but the next chapter is going to blow your mind!!