chapter ten.

The next day the group gathered around for Dale's funeral, "Dale could-- could get under your skin

The next day the group gathered around for Dale's funeral, "Dale could-- could get under your skin. He sure got under mine, because he wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought, how he felt. That kind of honesty is rare and brave."

"Whenever I'd make a decision, I'd look at Dale. He'd be looking back at me with that look he had, and we've all seen it one time or another."

"I couldn't always read him, but he could read us. He saw people for who they were. He knew things about us-- The truth Who we really are. In the end, he was talking about losing our humanity. He said this group was broken. The best way to honor him is to unbreak it. Set aside our differences and pull together, stop feeling sorry for ourselves and take control of our lives, our safety our future. We're not broken. We're gonna prove him wrong. From now on, we're gonna do it his way. That is how we honor Dale."

After finishing, Rick immediately looked up at Alicia. Everyone scattered to their tents, gathering their belongings, and Alicia helped Lori carry her things inside.

"I thought you were leaving?" Lori asked as Alicia struggled to carry her things inside.

"I'm not going anywhere. Not now." Rick had looked down, trying to hide his smile from Alicia, and Alicia looked directly at him, "I'm staying." They both smiled at each other before Hershel came over to speak with his daughter.

Hershel let out with a sigh, "I thought I was gonna lose you again." Tears began streaming down Alicia's face, and she pulled her dad in for a hug. Their hug was cut short when Daryl came running up to the house.

Alicia let go of her father and ran up to Daryl, "What's wrong?"

"Randall's missing." Daryl angrily admitted.

Shane had suddenly come out from the woods, his face covered in blood, "Rick! Rick!"

"What happened?" Rick came running over to Shane.

"He's armed! He's got my gun!" Alicia was having a hard time believing Shane just let Randall take his gun.

"Are you okay?"

Shane hesitated, "I'm fine. Little bastard just snuck up on me. He clocked me in the face."

Rick began spewing out orders, "All right, Hershel, T-Dog, get everybody back in the house. Glenn, Daryl, come with us. T, I'm gonna need that gun."

"I'm coming too." Alicia began walking towards the woods, but Rick had pulled her aside.

"Alicia, wait-"

"Listen, Rick. I know this land better than anyone. I know all the hiding places, and I can find him." Rick nodded and let Alicia pass through.

"Don't go out there. Y'all know what can happen. Get everybody back in the house. Lock all the doors and stay put!" Rick yelled out to the others.