chapter seven.

COLIN FORD asDYLAN GREENE-DAVIS

COLIN FORD as
DYLAN GREENE-DAVIS

The boy came running towards Alicia and practically jumped on her. She buried her face into him and couldn't believe how much he'd grown.

Rick stayed silent as confusion sunk in but it wasn't long before he caught on.

"Mom?" Dylan questioned as Alicia refused to break away from her son. Her baby boy.

Dave looked at Tony in confusion. Mom?

"The last time I saw you, you were my little boy. Now look at you...I missed it all." Alicia confessed as Dylan teared up.

They finally let go of each other, and he leaned into Hershel for a hug. Hershel smiled, "Look at how tall you've gotten."

Dave broke up their reunion, "What the hell is going on, kid?" Dylan explained that he was with his Grandparents when everything went down and tried to get back to his mom ever since.

"Mom...they didn't make it..." Dylan became choked up as Alicia comforted him. She was horrified but what he had to go through. Alone.

Breaking the news about his sister was not going to be easy. She tried to gather up the courage but upon seeing how happy he was she delayed the inevitable.

Rick asked Dylan how they met each other. Dave continued, "We met this kid on the road a few days ago. He said he knew where a safe place was, so we took him in."

"So, you guys probably have a place, right?" Tony spat out.

Alicia quickly answered 'no,' not wanting strangers to come back with them, let alone know where they live. Dave noticed Rick didn't fill their cars with supplies, so he assumed they had to have a clean place where they live.

"You guys got a house somewhere? A farm?"

Alicia immediately looked over at Rick filling the room with silence just as Dave mentioned a farm. This situation isn't going to end well.

"We're already crowded as it is, and we can't bring in more people," Alicia spat. Tony jolted up at Alicia, and Rick jumped up in front of him. Dave came in between them, trying to calm everyone down.

"This is bullshit. If you don't show us where you live then we'll kill you for it," Dave apologized for Tony's rude behavior, assuring Rick no one was going to kill anyone. He made his way to the bar setting down his gun in front of Rick.

Alicia pulled her gun out from its holster, shaking as her finger rested on the trigger. Rick rested his hand on his holster as Dave leaned over to grab a bottle of Whiskey. He set it on the table holding a glass, and began pouring some. "Why don't you tell your girl to put her weapon down, huh?" Dave turned directly to Rick, assuming he and Alicia were together. Instead of correcting him, Rick quietly asked Alicia to put her weapon down.

"If we can't come with you, where do you suggest we go?" Dave questioned, looking at Rick.

"I don't know. I heard Nebraska's nice," Rick let out with a chuckle just as Dave reached over for his gun. Rick quickly shot Dave and turned around and shot Tony twice. Rick looked over at everyone to see if they were okay. Alicia called Rick's name out as a gunshot went off, and she shot Tony in the head.

Rick walked over to Alicia and thanked her for saving his life, "Great shot, by the way." Rick let out a small smile while Alicia looked down, trying to hide hers. Dylan came in between them, introducing himself to Rick. "I'm Dylan, by the way."

"Rick. Rick Grimes."

Alicia walked over to her father, grabbing his hand, "Are you alright?" Hershel remained silent until he looked up at Dylan's face. He rested his hand on his grandson's face before replying 'yes.' Rick took any weapons they could find off of Tony and Dave before Hershel suggested they start heading out. Rick could hear a car approaching and asked everyone to duck down. Alicia went in front of Dylan, protecting him.

The car engine stopped, and Alicia and the others heard two car doors shutting. The men began calling out Tony and Dave's names as Rick, and the others kept utterly silent. Rick started to crawl across the floor, peaking through the windows. The men appeared to be gone, but the group still parked their car.

"We can't sit here forever. Let's head out the back and make a run for the car." Just as Rick stood up, a gunshot went off, and they went back to hiding. The men walked over to the bar trying to open it, but Dylan had jumped in front of the doors, blocking them.

"What the- I think someone pushed it shut? Yo, is someone in there?"

Rick held his finger up to his mouth, looking directly at Dylan. The men kept asking where their friends were but got no answer. Dylan took this as an opportunity, to tell the truth, "They tried to kill us!" As soon as Dylan yelled out the fact, Rick let out a deep sigh closing his eyes. Hershel had covered his mouth, grabbing Alicia's hand.

"Dylan?" One of the men shouted, sounding surprised.

"Are Dave and Tony in there? Are they alive?" Dylan had no response and instead looked at Rick. Rick had finally spoken up, "No. They drew their weapons on us! We didn't have a choice!"

"Is that true, kid?" One of the men asked, completely ignoring Rick. Rick nodded at Dylan before he yelled out, yes.

"I'm sure we've all lost enough people, done things we wish we didn't have to, but it's like that now. You know that! So let's chalk this up to what it was-- wrong place, wrong-" Rick's speech got cut off by the glass of the doors shattering and falling on them. He began shooting back at them and ordered Alicia, Dylan, and Hershel to run.

Alicia told Dylan to stay with Hershel and make their way towards the car. "I'm not leaving without you, mom!"  She kissed him on the forehead and gave him her gun before running towards the bar where Dave's body was.

She quickly grabbed a bottle of Whiskey, twisting off the cap. She grabbed the bottom of her shirt with her teeth to make a tear and pulled a piece off with her hands. She dabbed it in a bit of alcohol before shoving it entirely in the bottle.

She crawled over towards Rick with the bottle, "Please tell me you have a lighter." Anxious, she waited as Rick dug into his pocket, pulling out the lighter and handing it to her.

"You know I'm a cop. And what you're doing is illegal." Rick jokingly let out, smiling at her.

"How in the hell does a farmer's daughter know how to make a molotov cocktail?"

Alicia chuckled, "This isn't my first rodeo, cowboy." She quickly lit the wick and threw the bottle out the window, startling the men. Alicia promptly ran out the front when suddenly someone had jumped out at her with a gun. The man had a gun, but she kicked it out of his hand, onto the floor. Alicia tried reaching the weapon, but she lost her grip. Suddenly a gunshot hit off, and they both froze in fear.

"Alicia! Alicia!" Rick called out but to no answer.