Chapter 9: Dungeon #2437

"ahhh, stupid. stupid. stupid. stupiiiiid~" Masha punctuated each word with a shake of her head from right to left and back right again. She had finally met the cutest boy in centuries and she'd completely embarrassed herself. 

Her green pompon flew out from behind her, perched on her head, and pipped a greeting. 

"Not now, genesis. Can't you see i'm trying some self-discipline?!" her small mouth turned down in a cute frown. She had noticed the commotion on her way back from the guild leader's convention only to be entranced by the boy with the deep green hair.

The pompon glowed and morphed into a shape bigger and more distinct that it's normal, modest circle. A small humanoid thing.

"Wouldn't that be pedophilia, your highness?" It pipped, flitting around on gossamer wings. "I mean, you're turning what? 2000 soon?"

"I swear, Genesis." She gave it a look before continuing. "I look good for a woman my age, I'll have him wound around this pinkie here soon enough." Masha daintily removed a glove to wiggle the said pinkie. If the pompon had irises, it would have rolled it in disbelief at how amazingly selective Masha's hearing was. 

Masha twisted herself shyly in a way that would have overcome anyone with a sense of protectiveness. 

"He has got to be the cutest one i've yet to meet." She then paused, as if in deep thought. "Cute but very very unaware."

Masha spun on her heel. "Come on Genesis, We've got some spying to do..!"

Genesis audibly sighed before flying after her.

---

The recruits had been members of the guild for no less than a week, yet they were still getting woken at the crack of dawn for one reason or another. This time, it was to the call of the guild leader.

After spending some time with the people he had watch duke it out at the arena, Lucien had learned a few things about them. For one, Chell was part succubus, and she had the assets to support that. Tatheo, on the other hand, claimed that some 'great x10' grandfather of his was a sentient golem.

"That's why there's nothing up here." Chell had tittered as she knocked against the forehead of a not-too-impressed Tatheo. 

Lune hadn't spoken much to the rest of them, but he'd occasionally give a reassuring smile and a soft "no, thanks" whenever Lucien had asked him to join them in doing something they all knew they weren't supposed to do. Lucien still knew as much about Lune as any other stranger would.

Lucien had been sleeping peacefully before getting woken up by a green, fairy-looking thing. It had alerted them that their training was far from over just because they've been around for a week. Chell woke up grumpier than Lucien himself. 

"That was the best dream and i didn't even get to finish." She bit back a reply to Tatheo when he asked. 

"Stupid guild. Stupid leader. Stupid quests." She had mumbled as the quartet had dragged their feet to the dining hall, where the guild leader waited for them. Today, she dressed like she was going to the beach, parasol still in hand and shades perched on her nose.

"Welcome, welcome" She chirped. "to your first real quest."

"Oh boy, one that isn't collecting herbs or stabbing wild boars?" Tatheo muttered, only to receive elbows from both Chell and Lucien.

"I heard that." Masha informed. "And you, Mr. Tatheo, will be on mess hall cleaning duty for the next month."

Lucien swore he saw a piece of Tatheo's soul leave him at that piece of news.