Chapter Two - PinK

I'm up at dawn, and the sky is slowly fading from inky blues to pink. If today goes well, the sky won't be the only thing that's pink. The house is quiet, as usual. The parents are sleeping and my brothers are off fighting crime somewhere. They'll be looking for the mysterious new villain, who they've dubbed PinK, due to the pink spray paint I use as a calling card. I like the name, so I won't change it, but the assumption that PinK is a man will need to go. Girls are taking over the world, one role at a time, and its high time a female took the top villain spot.

I don't even know where the urge to be evil came from. Maybe I wanted to see my brothers more, or maybe I was sick of being bad at good, so I chose to be good at being bad. Either way, this is going to be the family time I've been missing all my life, albeit family time where your siblings are trying to kill you.

Normally a new villain in town wouldn't be a problem for my brothers. They've dedicated an entire prison to the villains my brothers have caught. There's a corner in the cemetery too. But this is going to be a rude awakening for my brothers. I know their strengths and weaknesses, and they don't know mine, or PinK's for that matter. I've got all the odds on my side. Let's give them a few weeks of competition before they discover who they're really up against.

I slip out of bed and pull on my standard clothes - jeans, a t-shirt and scuffed sneakers. Nice and inconspicuous. With only the slightest of clicks to indicate I've left the house, I'm off and making my way into town on a sleek bicycle. I could fly there of course, but there's no use in wasting the advantage I've held for as long as I can remember.

Today I'm going to visit the tailor who created all of my brother's hero outfits. If I'm going evil, then I'm going all the way. I want a full ensemble in various shades of pink and black, to match my new name. The shop's a dinky little place, located in an alleyway on the outskirts of town. The challenge is going to be hiding my identity.

Ducking into a public toilet, I change into full black, with a mask, cloak and a pink rose in my breast pocket. I stride out into the street and towards the shop, looking very much like a henchman on a mission. The shop's door has a bell attached, and it's jingle announces my arrival. In a voice as gravelly as I can manage, I address the clerk behind the desk. "Order for PinK."

I toss the designs I spent hours creating on the desk and stride out of the room. With a glance over my shoulder, I sneer at the quivering man. "I'll be back in an hour with the payment. If the heroes hear about this I'll be returning with a body bag instead."

I'd never actually kill anyone of course. Seriously maim or injure, yes, but kill? Not my cup of tea. I set off towards home, but not before I change back into my usual attire. You can never be too careful with my brothers about.