Everything Turned to Dust

-NARRATOR-
One day, that's all it took for everything to turn into nothing. For life to change into a course for destruction. Of course it didn't seem that way it was a happy day or atleast it was supposed to be. It was Roxy's ninth birthday and to her the world was full of as much happiness as her mind would let her imagine. Her mom and dad of course weren't the greatest and today wasn't going to be the best most exsiting day she had hoped for because fate had something else in store. Her dad was a drunk and her mother was a dirty cheat they never got along and sometimes 2 wrongs don't always make a right.

ROXY'S POV 🥀
"Today is going to be the bestist!" I yelled with excitement. I got up out of bed and grabbed my teddy bear. I head down the hall to where the bathroom was and I grabbed my tiny stool, climbed on top of it, and smiled in the mirror brightly as if today was going to be better then the rest. I set down my teddy and looked down at the sink and opened the faucet. I watched as the water rushed out like a small little waterfall in a metal valve. I took my toothbrush and my toothpaste. Carefully I squeeze the toothpaste on to my toothbrush making sure my hand is steady so that the toothpaste doesn't fall off like it usually does.

Focus Roxane you can do this!

I thought, as I managed to squeeze enough toothpaste onto my toothbrush. I lift the toothbrush up and start brushing my teeth just like mother had shown me. Once i was done I set my toothbrush down, grab my teddy, and go to slide down the stair pole. Sliding down is always fun but my mother's cooking is even better! That's when I waddle into the kitchen, the smell of freshly cooked waffles filling the room as I move closer to the stove where I see my mother cooking and humming her favorite song. She turns to see me, "Oh honey bun your awake, ready for some of mama's awesome waffles?" my mother says with a smile, "Of course mommy! Your waffles are always awesome!" I jump up with arms raised and my mother picks me up so that I can see the stove better. "Where is daddy?" I ask, "Honey bun...your dad will be home later he's just out on a buisness trip" she says hesitantly to me yet somehow I know it just a lie to get me to feel better. I know dad is out drinking the bad juice that makes him yell and throw things... I hate it when he does that but he never listens to me so I stay quiet. Mother sets me down in my seat and places a plate of waffles in front of me. It's my favorite whipped cream, chocolate syrup and a few sprinkles on top. "Thank you mommy!" I say cheerfully, "No problem honey bun eat up now." She smiles and heads up to her room. I look at the plate of waffles with delight and start to eat, it is delicious like always. My mother always did have great cooking skills. I finish up the plate with no help from teddy though and go to play in the living room. No one has wished me a happy birthday but I don't care because teddy promised to help me bake a cake in my play oven and I know my dad will yell at me and probably throw my cake away but at least teddy will help. I get up and grab everything I need. My play pan, cake batter and an egg. I put them all together in the pan and start to mix it with my hand since I wasn't able to find a spoon. I lift up my teddy's arms and wrap them around the pan as if he was taking it I then continue to have teddy place the pan in the play oven. I close the oven door and look at it with a sigh just staring as the pan sit in the same place I had set it down.

She forgot didn't she?

She did. My mother had forgotten my birthday again not that she's never forgotten it before, she always does. Someday she'll remember it that's what I hope and she's probably upstairs talking with another uncle I've never seen or heard of before so I'm not allowed to bother her. It's useless. I pretend the play oven beeped and I open the oven door. "Look teddy we made a cake." I look down at the pan, still raw but bellyaches are for future me. I smile and taste the batter "Mm, raw cake is awesome!" I pretend to feed teddy too and he seems to like it since he is smiling and sure it's stitched on but who cares. I leave the cake in my play oven for later I'm getting bored and by now there are sounds I can't explain coming from mommy's room I don't pay no mind to them though mother always told me the noises came from her and uncle playing some twister game. Sounds like the twister game is fun if mommy is screaming that loud.

BOOM!

The front door flings open and I see my dad walk in. "Daddy your home?" I stare at him and then I stare at his hand, he's holding a bottle. "SHUT UP YOU LITTLE BRAT! WHERE'S YOUR MOTHER?!" He yells "S-she's upstairs... I wouldn't bother her she's playing twister..." I responded trying to hold back the stinging tears in my eyes "Oh now is she? Little brat do you want to know a little secret?" I nod my head in response "YOUR MOTHER IS A WHORE!!" I flinch as he yells and storms off upstairs. He's been drinking the bad juice again...

-NARRATOR-
Roxy's right he has been drinking and very heavily too. Her father stomps into the bedroom to find that Roxy's mother wasn't playing twister the game but a different type of twister that involves a lot of sex. "B-baby?! Your home early?" Roxy's mother says baffled in a loss for words "So you think you can just do this and expect me not to care? Well your times up Jenine! TILL DEATH DO US PART RIGHT JENINE?!" He yells and locks the door "Your going to pay for your sins." He walks over to the drawers and pulls one open. There is a loaded gun staring back at him as he reaches in to grab it. "Aye man look what are you going to do with that?" The unknown sex provider had splurged "I'm going to end what started a long time ago." Roxy's dad points the gun towards the guy and pulls the trigger. Gun shots are heard loud enough to attract Roxy. Roxy stands outside the door banging and yelling "DADDY! DADDY WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" But her dad is beyond listening. He takes one glance at Jenine and smirks "Till death do us part..." He pulls the trigger and fires a bullet straight through Jennie's head. Roxy is now breaking down, banging with all her force and kicking at the door "DADDY PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MOMMY?!" Still she gets no answer for her dad has realized what he has done. "Jenine? Oh my sweet Jenine what have I done?!" The gun is now pointed to his head "Roxane forgive me..." gun shots echo around the house, silence. Roxy manages to finally unlock the door but she is too late she is now witness to her parents death. Roxy runs to her mother and holds her hand "Mommy? Mommy please, please don't leave me! MOMMY PLEASE!" Tears run down her face for her mother does not reply and her last breath had already been spent. Roxy lays onto her mother with tears rolling down her eyes "Mommy I love you.." is all she can manage to say last.

🌸 Hey guys hope you enjoyed the beginning to this story I plan to continue writing and adding on to this storyline let me know what you think and please feel free to give me any feedback. This is my first time writing a story and if you guys have any opinions let me know! 🌸